overall

RATINGS: 820   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.34   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered.
Brewed from 1990 to 2008 by Black Mountain Brewing Co. Production transferred to Cervecería Mexicana in 2008 when the Black Mountain Brewing Co. ceased as a brewery.
"Golden, very low carbonation, pale lager with a whole chili pepper in the bottle."
Website: http://www.chilibeer.com/

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Beerhunter111 (7390) - Hasborn, GERMANY - JAN 12, 2014
UPDATED: MAY 10, 2014 Goldgelbes Bier mit geringem Schaum. Geruch lässt schon erahnen das es sich hierbei um ein Chilibier handelt. Antrunk erst wässrig malzig und dann fängt es an zu brennen. Ein ungenießbares Gebräu!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jkwalking05 (3753) - Arlington, Texas, USA - DEC 31, 2013
(Backlog) Goldenish in color, clear, some white head. The smell is peppers, not much else, can’t smell anything else. The taste is like drinking pickle juice but just from peppers instead of pickles. Not very good not that beer like.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
harrymel (1502) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 20, 2013
Best by 20JUN12(?!) Another dentist hook up. This beer intrigued me from the start. Yellow and lager like, accented with a two inch pepper in there. Poured this tramp to a new Belgium globe. Then I smelled it: jalepenos and that’s it. Tastes like the way my semen smells, and watered down pickled jalepeno juice. Not cool. Well, not that bad, but wouldn’t buy it again, had I bought it in the first place. Serving type: bottle 08-20-2011

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Martinus (2818) - Nijmegen, NETHERLANDS - NOV 12, 2013
Clear yellow colour, no real head. Malty aroma, light green pepper. Quite spicy flavour, not over the top though, jalapeño, sweet malty touches. Malty finish, chili’s. Quite OK.
(from 35cL bottle @ Borefts, Bodegraven 2013. Thanks for sharing to whoever brought this!)

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
zvsn (595) - ISRAEL - NOV 5, 2013
Bottle sample at a tasting. Thanks DSG. Hazy yellow with a small head. Aroma of chili, vegetables and vinegar. Taste is the same, light-almost-no-body. Awful, barely drinkable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Douberd (2288) - Arnhem, NETHERLANDS - NOV 4, 2013
Bottle 330 ml at home, into a lager glass. ABV 4.6% Yep, I gave Countbeer a bottle at Borefts but I had better beers to drink there so I left the dutch table quite soon, from the ratings below me it would be nice to see some of the reactions, in person. I had this bottle in the fridge I don’t know for a couple months, afraid to drink it :p Pours a golden yellow beer with one finger of white head, froathy, disappearing in the time it took me to put the bottle down, without any lacing of course. Lots of activity in the glass. Aroma of green pepper, little sourness, the kind of aroma you get when you open a can of pickled vegetables, it reminds me the cans of cactus leaves we have at work, only with a touch of spices too. The taste has some malts at first and it was the only thing I managed to notice before the green pepper burn. Very spicy with the burn taking place at the back of the throat and not on the tongue. Thin body and low carbonation. Overall it was an interesting beer. Not something that I would buy to drink again, maybe for a prank or as a weird beer gift. The burn could be worse actually.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
DSG (5799) - Tel Aviv, ISRAEL - NOV 4, 2013
Bottle shared at a tasting at Yoav’s place. Clear yellow. Chili peppers aroma, very vegetal, a bit rotten, with some pickled chili peppers notes. Watery flavor, vegetal, with lots of chili, pretty hot. Light-bodied and watery.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
chucklemation (477) - Pontiac, Michigan, USA - NOV 3, 2013
I was expecting a bland, tasteless beer, but the chili pepper gives it a nice kick and a strong chipotle taste. I’m not sure I would drink it again, but I kind of liked it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
zvikar (3383) - Ramat Gan, ISRAEL - NOV 3, 2013
Bottle sample at a tasting at Yoav’s Place. Thanks DSG. Pours yellow with no head, aroma of chili and some malt, flavor is spicy and sweet, light bodied

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Countbeer (4424) - Best of E-Town mit ein Brauhaus, NETHERLANDS - SEP 30, 2013
Bottle@Borefts’13: White lacing which disappears quick and leaves a headless clear yellow colored beer in the glass. Aromas of almost only pepper aromas, there’s hints of olives and cabbage. Flavours of malts, cream, herbs and loads of pepper flavour with a nice burning touch. I like it. Aftertaste is lovely spicy! Low carbo, soft creamy spicy mouthfeel, medium and spiced body and a creamy texture. Nice pepper beer, I like it!