RATINGS: 856   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.36/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered.
Brewed from 1990 to 2008 by Black Mountain Brewing Co. Production transferred to Cervecería Mexicana in 2008 when the Black Mountain Brewing Co. ceased as a brewery.
"Golden, very low carbonation, pale lager with a whole chili pepper in the bottle."
Website: http://www.chilibeer.com/

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
zvsn (1187) - ISRAEL - NOV 5, 2013
Bottle sample at a tasting. Thanks DSG. Hazy yellow with a small head. Aroma of chili, vegetables and vinegar. Taste is the same, light-almost-no-body. Awful, barely drinkable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Douberd (3699) - Arnhem, NETHERLANDS - NOV 4, 2013
Bottle 330 ml at home, into a lager glass. ABV 4.6% Yep, I gave Countbeer a bottle at Borefts but I had better beers to drink there so I left the dutch table quite soon, from the ratings below me it would be nice to see some of the reactions, in person. I had this bottle in the fridge I don’t know for a couple months, afraid to drink it :p Pours a golden yellow beer with one finger of white head, froathy, disappearing in the time it took me to put the bottle down, without any lacing of course. Lots of activity in the glass. Aroma of green pepper, little sourness, the kind of aroma you get when you open a can of pickled vegetables, it reminds me the cans of cactus leaves we have at work, only with a touch of spices too. The taste has some malts at first and it was the only thing I managed to notice before the green pepper burn. Very spicy with the burn taking place at the back of the throat and not on the tongue. Thin body and low carbonation. Overall it was an interesting beer. Not something that I would buy to drink again, maybe for a prank or as a weird beer gift. The burn could be worse actually.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
DSG (9303) - Tel Aviv, - NOV 4, 2013
Bottle shared at a tasting at Yoav’s place. Clear yellow. Chili peppers aroma, very vegetal, a bit rotten, with some pickled chili peppers notes. Watery flavor, vegetal, with lots of chili, pretty hot. Light-bodied and watery.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
chucklemation (915) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - NOV 3, 2013
I was expecting a bland, tasteless beer, but the chili pepper gives it a nice kick and a strong chipotle taste. I’m not sure I would drink it again, but I kind of liked it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
zvikar (4091) - Ramat Gan, ISRAEL - NOV 3, 2013
Bottle sample at a tasting at Yoav’s Place. Thanks DSG. Pours yellow with no head, aroma of chili and some malt, flavor is spicy and sweet, light bodied

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Countbeer (5584) - Best of E-Town mit 2 Brauhausen, NETHERLANDS - SEP 30, 2013
Bottle@Borefts’13: White lacing which disappears quick and leaves a headless clear yellow colored beer in the glass. Aromas of almost only pepper aromas, there’s hints of olives and cabbage. Flavours of malts, cream, herbs and loads of pepper flavour with a nice burning touch. I like it. Aftertaste is lovely spicy! Low carbo, soft creamy spicy mouthfeel, medium and spiced body and a creamy texture. Nice pepper beer, I like it!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
DutchDrebus (5092) - Oirschot, NETHERLANDS - SEP 30, 2013
Bottle @ Borefts ’13.. I believe Douberd shared this one, though the ratings below me tell a different story. The colour is urine-like yellow and there’s no head. Smells chili pepper, fruity and fresh. The smell is actually quite nice if you ask me. The taste’s a different story though. The taste is dominated by the pepper you can see floating about in the bottle. As someone who doesn’t like peppers and spicy stuff - it’s horrible and to me it’s just undrinkable. If you’re a fan of spicyness: This might be your beer, as Countbeer seemed to enjoy it. Very spicy beer, warms you up for sure. Other than the peppery hotness, the body is quite thin. Soft carbo. This is one of those beers I’d rather just sniff in stead of drinking it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
Borresteijn (5642) - Zaandam, NETHERLANDS - SEP 30, 2013
33cl Bottle at BBF’13, thanks to Kamiel for letting us sample this gem! Clear golden with a green hue, no real head. Aroma of (pickled) jalapeño peppers, slightly hot on the nose, hint of skunky lager. Flavour is mostly pickled jalapeño pepper, green chili, light sweet lager notes, some heat in the finish. Light-bodied, almost greasy mouthfeel. Can’t say I don’t like it, but the beer is ruined by the pepper. Or maybe not..

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
kraddel (4948) - some beerplace, BELGIUM - SEP 29, 2013
thnx to countbeer ! pours blonde, no foam . superintence smell small level of carbo in here.. super super super hot ! extremely chilly . this isnt pleasant. this isnt beer. this is hurtfull . i think a full bottle of this could be deadly . did they leave the chilly’s in here for years ???

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
77ships (6129) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - SEP 29, 2013
Thx! for the sample to Countbeer I believe. Ah the infamous, Cave Creek Chili Beer, clear bottle & an old shrunken chilli and everything. Got some in a plastic cup, this looks exactly like a small urine sample in a plastic cup, if there ever a beer which deserved to get 0/5 on appearance, this is the one. Nose carries some vegetables, too bad, bit of a white sugar & low quality old oily chilli. Taste is too much vegetable juice upfront, herbs, corn, these are the flavours which make this brew not particularly pleasant, it is not that bad actually. Finish carries the burn, nice burn, not that brutal, heat level like this in a pale lager is not too bad, neat. The chilli is low quality & oily, too bad. Flat, too much vegetable notes & other things mentioned.