RATINGS: 856   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.36/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered.
Brewed from 1990 to 2008 by Black Mountain Brewing Co. Production transferred to Cervecería Mexicana in 2008 when the Black Mountain Brewing Co. ceased as a brewery.
"Golden, very low carbonation, pale lager with a whole chili pepper in the bottle."
Website: http://www.chilibeer.com/

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 7, 2003
There was a chili in the bottle. The presentation was calling my name, but it ended there. With its skunky, stale pepper aroma and its flavor which was much of the same, this beer leaves much to be desired.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
DrunkAsASkunk (847) - Lynnwood, Washington, USA - JAN 27, 2003
Oh dear god i think im going to vomit (my notes after my first sip). Aroma is fairly bland...smells like stale garbage, some peppers (wait...did i just say stale garbage?), and some more nothingness to be honest. It was a light yellow, golden colored thing..a headless creature with no carbonation present. But wait...oh come on now what is that...a chili pepper in the F'IN bottle.. i am gonna vomit. The taste is absolutely revolting. It begins watery, and cooking oil like, and then proceeds to try to asphyxiate all of my major organs with this jalapeno pepperiness scrapping at the back of my esophagus. It was like eating a bag of nacho chips with hot cheese..but where were the nacho's. Did i mention it tastes like metal as well??? Yeah, that was my favorite aspect i think. I will have to do pennance to pardon my act of stupidity from my liver which is pretty pissed at me for this one. Then again, i think the one we have to be sorry for is DaSilky1 who bought a whole 6 pack of this crap and then proceeded to spill half a bottle onto his floor. Your place smells like Cave Creek Chili beer now bud. Hell...least that'll spice your life up a bit. Anyways, this is my first bonafide drain pour. Not even inmates deserve this punishment.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
redlem (1306) - Ohio, USA - JAN 25, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2011 In visiting all the local liquor stores for a bad beer party I asked what was the worst beer they had? Every one of them recommended this beer. I did not mind the hot pepper taste

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Crit (3642) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 20, 2002
More of a coffee table conversation piece than a beverage

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
igneous1 (1524) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - DEC 19, 2002
very golden, initially a very slight head fading into nothing, not even a tiny bit of lacing or a few bubbles. not much in the aroma suggests chili to me, more of a typical crap lager nose than anything. flavor however is pretty spicy and peppery. dont think i’m going to be able to finish this whole thing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
mpbro (132) - Stanford, California, USA - DEC 3, 2002
Beer is better with marijuana inside than jalapeno peppers. The details are fuzzy, other than the fact that it was truly an unnerving and wholly unpleasant beer driking experience.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
beermonger (11) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002
One sip and I think, "Hmmm, that’s interesting." The second sip and I think, "warm." Halfway through the bottle, my mouth is on fire and the fun is over. This is essentially any macro-brew beer you’ve had with a chili pepper in it. I’m in Pennsylvania, which means you’ve got to buy this stuff by the case. 24 of these is 23 too many. If you’re drunk already, it makes a good novelty beer for your friends. Don’t bother.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 22, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2003 I chose this wonderful brew for my 500th rating on this site because it combines my two passions in life..'beer'..and 'chili peppers'...It poured yellow and fizzy with a serrano chili sitting on top and without any froth accompaniment, the aroma was all chili pepper but subtle..it goes in way too sweet in the background with the spiciness only showing up in the back of the throat as it scratches its way down your esophagus..you can tell the base beer is pretty crappy..the chili pepper taste is too sweet..but to tell you the truth..I'd rather sip on one of these than drink a bud or a coors light..although..I do feel a stomach ache forming..all in all..I have 5 more of these and I will be giving them as christmas presents to people I don't like

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
jedimasternick (96) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 4, 2002
This is definitely a drink one at a time beer. It is actually very good for those who want a strong jalepeno taste and can stand a very hot beverage. Only for those who can handle hot-really.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 3, 2002
i did this stuff on a dare at a poker party.well if this dont make barf at the smell it will with the taste good luck you’ve been warned