overall

RATINGS: 810   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.34   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered.
Brewed from 1990 to 2008 by Black Mountain Brewing Co. Production transferred to Cervecería Mexicana in 2008 when the Black Mountain Brewing Co. ceased as a brewery.
"Golden, very low carbonation, pale lager with a whole chili pepper in the bottle."
Website: http://www.chilibeer.com/

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 11/20
jsquire (3346) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - MAR 15, 2002
Remember, people, this is in the spice/herb/vegetable style. Yes, this beer is almost all heat, with no real flavor, but with a bowl of chili with lots of cheese on it, this beer hits the spot. It burns going down. Give it a try, but it is not good just to drink. It must go with food.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Skred (107) - Houma, Louisiana, USA - MAR 13, 2002
I give them points for imagination, but then have to take them back for the result. I love peppers, and will put hot sauce on just about anything but pancakes. I’ve even used beer as an ingredient in hot sauce, but the other way round just doesn’t work.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
trebor99 (8) - east westfield, New York, USA - MAR 11, 2002 does not count
The worst substance ever made for consumption. Wretched, undrinkable.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
spydog (75) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 28, 2002
I took one sip and spit it out. I would be scared to think what may happen to someone if they drank a 6-pack of this stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Ron (2352) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 26, 2002
I’ve had this with pizza acouple times and that was a good combo. Would not drink more than one in a sitting, I’ll be afraid of the results.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BuzzBeer99 (81) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 22, 2002
Cool idea. Would be even better if they actually put beer in it. Taste like poo!

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Puss Gutt99 (206) - Oldtown, Florida, USA - FEB 16, 2002
novelty in appearance, and hell in all other categories

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
BrainBug99 (12) - USA - FEB 6, 2002
A unique type of beer. I like spicy foods and I like beer, so I figured this might be rather interesting. The beer was weak, almost watery, but the chili stood out plain as day. I couldn’t finish half a bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JAN 29, 2002
I like it. I always have. I’ll admit to not wanting to drink more than one at a sitting, but that makes the six pack last longer. If you were expecting this not to be hot, and taste like regular beer, why did you buy a beer with a d@mn chili pepper in it??? And of course the chili pepper in the bottle had no flavor, it was absorbed into the beer.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
hopshead (24) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - JAN 9, 2002
This may be the only beer I can truly say I detest. I am a fan of hot and spicy...but not in my beer. This beer even burned my throat upon swallowing. The pepper in the bottom should have swayed me away from this gimmicky brew.