overall

RATINGS: 823   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.34   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered.
Brewed from 1990 to 2008 by Black Mountain Brewing Co. Production transferred to CervecerŪa Mexicana in 2008 when the Black Mountain Brewing Co. ceased as a brewery.
"Golden, very low carbonation, pale lager with a whole chili pepper in the bottle."
Website: http://www.chilibeer.com/

beerkoz (11) - West Palm Beach, Florida, USA - JUL 12, 2006
I rated this "chili" beer tops in every category because of the simple fact it IS a CHILI BEER. DO I expect a cold Canadien lager? NO. Do I expect a creamy Belgian Ale? NO. I expect a spicy chili-flavored beer and that is exactly what I got. I am a man who loves spicy foods - the hotter the better. Jalapenoís?? I laugh at them. My wife and I use Habanero sauces like most folks use ketchup....so I found this delight once again since I moved to So. Florida last year at FLAME LIQUORS in West Palm Beach. To describe this wonderful war between sweet hops and spicy pepper does no justice to the beer. It leaves a subtle burn on your lips and tongue and throat. If you like HEAT of any kind with your food - TRY THIS....if you donít, do us all a favor and do not try it only to belittle this great beer. ENJOY not only one but many!

LenDaley (1) - Montgomery, Alabama, USA - AUG 15, 2006 does not count
Unique and intense, hard to find but easy to enjoy, a remarkable creation. The clear bottle and the ubiquitous chili in the bottle promise a spicy flavorful brew with a lingering warmth and aftertaste that allows one of these to penetrate your being and satisfy your cravings. The consistency of the flavor of this beer is remarkable and the joy of being able to find it locally make for a beer drinking adventure. While Cave Creek spoofs its own beer on its T-shirts, it is one of my absolute favorites and also a great visit at the brewery in Cave Creek, AZ.

makinhay (1) - , Colorado, USA - JUL 26, 2008 does not count
This is a very good beer!! It isn’t for wussy’s. Not hot, has great flavor.

ken53 (1) - Barnegat, USA - FEB 1, 2014 does not count
This is a Very Good Beer, And Hard To Find, But if your luck enough to find it , Enjoy !!! The Taste is great and a Little hot, and goes good with Ribs , And Wings.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
MarkAg86 (4) - Conroe, Texas, USA - SEP 18, 2014 does not count
I like spicy food. I like beer. Do I like this beer? Oh yeah! Not overly spicy but has a nice little kick to it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
smd3299 (1) - USA - AUG 14, 2001 does not count
I donít know why all you guys are badmouthing cave creek. Sure, itís not exactly what you want to drink on a hot day after doing yard work, but itís a great-tasting beer if you like hot stuff. Itís like drinking Corona with a kick, only thereís no f***ing limes in it!! Seriously, try this beer if you get a chance. It can grow on you.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
farmertul (1) - Congarinni North, AUSTRALIA - FEB 22, 2012 does not count
my brother works in a liqour store,he knows I love chilli,and brings me 6 of these whenever he visits..the first mouthful always hits hard,but then they go down a treat..I love the stuff,and am now about to try and replicate it myself. By the way,I drink it straight from the bottle..each to there own,but I like it heaps

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUN 28, 2004
YOWZA! I canít believe all of the bad reviews that this "beer" is getting. Itís like nothing else Iíve ever had. Itís incomparable. The aroma was spicy and it looked like a pale champagne without a head. The unexpected kick of flavor was delayed a few seconds after I had finished a sip. The aftertaste is EXPLOSIVE! You have to try this at least once. It made me want to go to a Mexican restaurant.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jacky (1) - Beverly Hills, California, USA - DEC 30, 2011 does not count
When visiting my friend in Nevada, he always drank this beer and I hated it, but after a while it grew on me and now Iím hooked. Itís a flavor you definitely have to get used to, but once you do youíll be hooked too. Itís a spicy beer with a distinct taste. the chili is a hybrid of a jalapeno and a milder chili pepper. You need to drink a 12 pack before you get hooked.... Cheers!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
gatinha (1) - - MAR 25, 2013 does not count
One of my favourite beers! Refreshing with a twist yet leaving a suttel tingle on your tastbuds. Easy to drink but to be careful if you have stomach ulcers