Brewed by Unicer Bebidas
Style: Pale Lager
Balio, Portugal

RATINGS: 747   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Winner of 28 consecutive gold medals at the prestigious Monde Selection competition, SUPER BOCK Original is recognized internationally for its high quality. Despite these credentials brewers, true conquest of Super Bock is the millions of loyal fans around the world who can not resist its unique taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
blipp (7361) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 26, 2009
You bastard. I was craving something a little on the malty side when I saw this baby in the cooler at my local watering hole. Imagine my dissapointment when I saw this lifeless yellow liquid pouring into my glass. I tried to remain objective, but I must admit it was difficult. Grain, cereal, and some corny sweetness. Another horribly average pale lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
kappldav123 (5591) - GERMANY - OCT 20, 2009
The can looks like nothing special, the beer in the glass a bit better - quite zippy, huge head. Starts hoppy, modest dry, sweet and fruity in the middle - reminds me of a German radler. Weak and metallically finish. Really nothing special!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Rciesla (5499) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - OCT 14, 2009
Bottle. Pours a pale body with a white head. Thin grain y body with some paper notes, some malty sweetness, bread y notes and a sweet malt finish. Eh pretty bad.

voiceofreason (64) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 6, 2009
UPDATED: APR 28, 2010 Update: I can’t stop drinking this one. I was introduced to this light, smooth. beer by a Portuguese International in the form of Mini Bottles. I look forward to a surf trip to Portugal.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Pinball (11705) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - AUG 31, 2009
can 33cl , ABV 5.2% can is red, ribbon in the bottom is black, black ring at the far bottom is red, otherwise as pictured. I think it’s the same beer. clear slightly orangy yellow, thick small white head. faint sourish cererally aroma, like if rice and corn had been used to brew it. sweet corn, faint cardboard, grainy, cereral flavor, almost as if it was one of the better spanish sin alc. beers , just with 5.2% alc. not very good in other words

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
drowland (7112) - Georgia, USA - AUG 21, 2009
My buddy brought this back for me from Spain... oh boy, this is not good stuff... not terrible, I guess, but not good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Bullit (4285) - Burgos, SPAIN - AUG 17, 2009
Bottle from Oddbins. Pale yellow colour, white head. Aroma is well hopped, slightly sweet. Flavour of grassy hops, some malts. Not too bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Foxbush (1563) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - AUG 8, 2009
While traveling in Portugal this was a common beer offered on tap at bars and other eating locations. The beer pours with a nice head and good golden color. The beer is a basic lager with no special attributes. It is often served with no other options.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Derek881 (1187) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - AUG 3, 2009
I enjoyed many a Super Bock on my trip to Portugal, particularly in the Liter-sized bottles. The beer had a faint malty aroma with some barley, and a bit of grainy hops. It had a clear gold color with a slight, bubbly white head with average retention and little cling. The flavor was a bit bitter and malty, nothing too unique. It was only slightly dry with modest wetness and a smooth feel overall, but not much liveliness. An unoriginal beer, but good to have while in Portugal.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
KyotoLefty (8138) - Kyoto, JAPAN - AUG 3, 2009
Got fooled by the name on this one. cardboard, light malt aroma. slightly deep golden color. A little decent malt in the flavor. Not much in the way of hopping. Pretty useless, but I have had worse for the money.