overall
Brewed by Grupo Empresarial Bavaria (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
Bogota, Colombia

RATINGS: 361   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Bottle and can: Filtered
Brewed since 1928.
The number 1 selling beer in the country – Aguila is Colombia. With an authentic taste that’s distinctly Colombian, you’ll always find Aguila at events and festivals. Our beer defines the Colombian way of life. The perfect beer to share and celebrate any occasion, our lager is a crisp, clear pilsner with a mild taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
haddon90 (1449) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 17, 2004
Clear golden color with no head. Ugh, no aroma at all. Kind of sad. But the taste isn’t too bad. No hops though. But decent taste. Some nectar, eh, corn maybe? Malt. Eh, wierd beer though. Reminds me of Tequiza. Bought this 12oz botle at Total Wine in Manassas, VA.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - APR 20, 2004
I really do not understand how people consistently drink this crap. This is not good any way you look at it. Looks like corn and tastes like the adjuncts of the same. Very bland and watery.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - FEB 10, 2004
Pours a straw yellow with virtually no head.Has hi taste notes of corn and water.The finish to me was dry and nasty

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
wildchefbill (245) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - NOV 15, 2003
Pours pale gold with weak white head. Way too carbonated. Flavor is one demesional sweet. No bitterness or decent aftertaste. Watery. Blah.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
beerslayer (753) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 29, 2003
Not bad drinkable for its style nothing special. Aroma of pumpkin seeds. Light and watery flavor. Finishes crisp and clean.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - AUG 17, 2003
Doesn't look like much, and the aroma is of a weak skunk. It's okay in my mind; goes well with most food. Very light, lots of water, good for refreshment. Middle of the road Latin beer best describes this brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - JUN 9, 2003
Golden color,small white head that had a little staying power.Malty sweet aroma,very mild hop presence.Malty taste very watery some sweetness to it and very nearly no hop's at all in this one.This is definately a poor beer and not worth the effort of enjoying except for the 1 time trial.It stinks in a big way.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - MAY 29, 2003
Bad for a crappy third-world lager. Nose is mildly sour but largely nonexistent. Using the word "taste" would require an act of generosity I'm just not prepare to participate in at this point. Some sweetness, no skunkiness, but nothing going on. You'd think a country with millions in drug money could aford to do a decent beer. There, I've done my horrible little national stereotype for the month. I'm not proud, but, then again, noone in Colombia should be proud of this crap.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 15, 2003
Although I'm not afraid to be a contrarian and say when I think I've found a good international lager (e.g. Salva Vida and Tropical come to mind), I couldn't be contrarian with this Aguila even if I wanted to. It's just too lame. Massively fizzy and of a watery nature, this Colombian lager is am embarrassment to the nation that gave us the Medillin Cartel and the World Cup Soccer megaflop of 1994 (Columbia scored an own-goal versus the US and the Columbian scorer was later gunned down for his mistake). I tasted it so you don't have to.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - MAY 1, 2003
Ever had the experience of being grateful for being invited to a tasting, but left with an empty feeling? At the GABF even with the swill that is present, there is SO much that it can be too much. Well, try a tasting of internationals and you might get lucky. Or NOT. Such is the case with so many that I've tried in one night. Figured I would spell it out as this beer isn't worthy of much of a comment. Bland. I think it may contain water, hops, malt and yeast may have been present. Water for sure. If I was worried while vacationing I might drink it rather than tap water. Understand?