overall

RATINGS: 104   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.68   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Dirigida a todos los chilenos, esta cerveza, es la marca principal de CCU y es considerada como patrimonio nacional. LŪder en el mercado, fue lanzada en 1985 y su slogan ďķnica, grande y nuestraĒ resume su arraigo entre los chilenos. Fue la primera marca nacional en ingresar al Marketing Hall of Fame. Su presencia en el deporte y en destacados eventos la hacen la cerveza preferida de los chilenos.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Sully (1377) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - JUL 20, 2005
I should have rated this one first because it was the first Chilean beer I tried. It was somewhere still in New Zealand airspace that this can was served to me by the somewhat surly Miguel, our flight attendant on Lan Chile. Of course it canít b at its best when poured into a plastic cup but at least it is better than sucking it from the tinnie. Why bother really? If this was the welcome to Chile message al I could say was take me home! Thin looking, ie pale and soppy, metallic nose with an aroma like the finest Aussie lagers, and a mouthfeel like water. The best thing about this beer was that I could order a red wine next with dinner, and I kept them coming.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
WISEGUY572 (1377) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 1, 2005
Absolutely no reason to drink this beer, even when you are in Chile. No nose. Appearance light straw color with visible carbonation but surprisingly small head. Mouth feel of water. A little floral hop, no malt taste, and a nasty bitter metalic aftertaste. Iím sorry my review raised the average slightly ... it really is a bad beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - MAY 26, 2005
No aroma, no real flavor. No aftertaste, tho. So thats a plus. Very light and easy to drink.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Kelvinator (32) - Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA - MAR 8, 2005
Creepy stuff. Tastes like a half hearted Budweiser. Try to think about a commercial lager, with little gas and with a horrific bitter metalic afterstate. Get drunk on this and I can assure you will get the worst hang over ever.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
BeerAteHer (384) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - FEB 6, 2005
Not only is this beer slightly skunky (who said skunk only comes in green bottles) but overall is a waste of money. No head, weak body. Sickly corn flavor with only a hint of malt. Not as bad as some cheap U.S. malt liquors but they should stick to whatever the native drink is down there.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 21, 2005
A bottle slipped inside a carry-on, hidden from prying eyes, nursed carefully to avoid breakage or discovery...and why?...WHY, I ASK? Is my life always going to be this futile?

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - DEC 30, 2004
Iím done. iíve got nothing. Stop making beer, continue making spirits for horny collegian kids so that i mights watch them dance atop wooden bars on saturday evenings. I plead the sub-equatorial countries to do this. i will offer my first born FAS baby to them as collateral on the deal.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Rundstedt (3) - Miami, USA - DEC 9, 2004 does not count
UPDATED: MAR 20, 2005 Water, thatís it. No tipical flavour nor aroma. Sincerelly you cannot recognize any basic taste on this very humble beer. Drink at 3-5 Cį degrees not to be more disappointed. This thing calms your thirst nothing more. All chemical, brewed in gigantic steel cans and sold by the millions. Donít even think on trying this garbage.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - NOV 7, 2004
Typical of just about everything south of the Rio Grande in that it has some funky aftertaste I canít quite put my finger on, nor do I have the energy or inclination to do so. I wasnít expecting much, and my expectations were met.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
apost8n8 (123) - USA - SEP 1, 2004
I guess its the Bud of Chile. Pale, watery, weak, nothing redeeming here. I stuck to the Vino and Pisco Sours... much much better. Pretty surprising consider the German influence in that country.