RATINGS: 58   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 172   ABV: 5.73%
This IPA/Rye hybrid begins with a citrusy, earthy, slightly spicy hop nose. Soon the playfully assertive Cascade and Chinook hops flex their bittering muscles for balance and a clean finish to this medium-bodied ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ratman197 (11772) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - MAR 23, 2013
Bottle poured a clear gold with a small lingering off white head. Aromas of rye, earthiness and pine. Palate was medium bodied and crisp with a dry finish. Flavors of rye, earthiness and light pine with a crisp dry lightly bitter lingering rye finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
rumproasts (4290) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - DEC 19, 2012
bottle. amber with small head. oddly earthy IPA. not awful, but just strange flavor. i wouldn’t go out of my way for this one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
cbfobes (2803) - Quad Cities, Illinois, USA - NOV 9, 2012
Poured from 12oz bottle, pours a dark amberish brown with a decent off white head, the aroma actually stinks like earth and dirt, really no hop presence at all, the flavor is of hold hops and is really skunky, really weird, not sure if this was a really old batch or what, but they took the earthyness to this brew just a little too far.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Chuckaduck (674) - Highland Heights, Kentucky, USA - OCT 3, 2012
Pours an off-orange with a thin off-white head. Aroma is spicy, sweet, sugary, some fruit, a little citrus. I can’t get a good handle on the aroma. Taste is odd. There’s a really aggressive leathery bitterness in back end which I can’t say that I enjoy. Some cream, earth, rye (but not the sort I enjoy). Woof! I may have gotten a bad bottle. This is not for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
timc100 (314) - Park Ridge, Illinois, USA - SEP 29, 2012
A not very rememberable ale, not terrible. There is little depth and balance to the citrus hop and rye characters. Very sweet, slightly bitter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
taphandle (1135) - Texas, USA - SEP 16, 2012
Surprisingly good, and a beer I’ve never heard of. The rye gives it an off flavor which is interesting, and some hops standards are along for the good times ride.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
keepersj12 (2985) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - JUN 23, 2012
Pours a hazy amber. The aroma is odd. Am I getting some Brett? The flavor has a bit of Brett too. Is this just a coincedence? Strange brew but not bad, just different. On another day this may get a much higher rating.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
rjwhite41 (55) - osceola, Iowa, USA - MAY 20, 2012
12 oz bottle poured into a tulip glass. Pours a slightly cloudy orange amber with a small off white head. Smell woody, piney, citrusy, spicy, some rye and bread scents. Nice complicated aroma. Taste is very piney and citrusy up front with the rye spiciness in the middle and a drying bitter finish. Carbonation seems moderate for style and has a medium full mouthfeel. Not a bad beer. I would drink it again but I wouldn’t search it out but there aren’t many IPA’s I would.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
crajun (1101) - , Texas, USA - MAY 20, 2012
not sure how I got this one, but another IPA that doesn’t work for me - hop aroma - piney/citrus; nice mouthfeel kinda creamy but the hops take over quick and that’s it for me...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
joshmcg000 (376) - Iowa, USA - MAY 8, 2012
Pours VERY hazy amber with tons of floaty’s and white head. Aroma is spicy rye. light body with perfect carbonation. Very smooth and easy to drink with a little bit of hops and a lot of rye spiciness. I like every Rye P.A. I have tasted and this is no exception.