overall
Phra Nakhon Sri Ayutthaya Province, Thailand

RATINGS: 216   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.14   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
Bottle: Filtered.
Domestic product.
Chang was made with the vision of the top executives to expand the beer market with a Thai taste albeit with international quality, to give the consumers an alternative with the fervent belief in the brewing and production capability of the Thais. With its attractive taste and a price that appealed to consumers at all levels, the response and success of Beer Chang marked a new era and turned a new page for the Thai beer industry. In 1998 Beer Chang was awarded the “Gold Medallion” at the International Beer Competition in Australia in the category of “Lager, Unlimited Degree”. Since then, Beer Chang has become known as “the international Gold Medallion winner beer of Thailand”. Note: alcohol content may vary

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
mutant (854) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - OCT 26, 2004
No head on this. Slightly acidic aroma and taste. Some dryness from high carbonation. I don’t think I’ll be disappointed if I never drink another Asian lager. Bad for number 600.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Choos (661) - Taylors Hill, AUSTRALIA - OCT 8, 2004
Aroma: bailing wire, hint of malt. Apperaance: orange gold very clear smallish head that lasts. Flavour: corn syrup smallish sweetness, some malt and a bit of bitterness. Non lasting flavour but it does make me want a green curry so it deserves around a pass!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
bark (255) - Linköping, SWEDEN - OCT 2, 2004
The colour is clear, golden yellow and the head is white. At first, the foam is quite large, but soon it shrinks to a very thin and smooth layer. The smell is quite discreet, but I noticed an almost musty flavour of malt and corn. The carbonation is poor and almost flat. Maybe I shouldn’t have poured it the way I did to get that head? The taste is at first relatively strong with an unpleasant chemical body with hints of wormwood. Then, the taste develops into a flat taste with notes of sweet peas, lime and… Maybe some kind of detergent? I have drunk other beers that tasted boring and uninspired, but this one was simply disgusting. The beer is marked as "The most sold beer in Thailand". Poor Thai.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
OlJuntan64 (1265) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - AUG 21, 2004
Canned: Yellow gold clear with a short lasting white head. Short fruity aroma burst on opening. Fades to light stale hops and metallic and plastic. Soft low carb palate. Medium sweetness lightly hoppy start moving to a stronger harsh bitter finish. By no means the worst Asian lager around.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mongkut4 (132) - Florida, USA - AUG 2, 2004
This is one of the few Thai brewed beers I’ll drink while in Thailand. As I only like Singha in the US, I choose Chang to wash down my laarb or yum loaded with chilies.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - MAY 3, 2004
Bottled. Amber with just the slightest of fine white heads. Not overly carbonated. Challenging floral aroma. Wet, lifeless flavour with a sour finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Braudog (5975) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - APR 11, 2004
Very still golden beer with creamy and solid head. Citric aroma. Very, very tart start, but without the pleasantness. Vaguely syrupy, reminiscent of cheap American malt liquor, but not quite so obnoxious. Could actually see this as a good quencher to the super hot Thai peppers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - JAN 26, 2004
Better than I expected. I'm leary of S.E. Asian beers but this wasn't horid as some I've tried. Goes great with spicy thai food!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
jonas (6033) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - JAN 9, 2004
Feces stench. Pale golden, no head. I am not exagerating when I say this beer tastes like shit.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Jeppe (2631) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - DEC 25, 2003
I was dissapointed to find out that Carlsberg is brewing this beer. It's an OK pilsner, not very interesting, but better than what I'm used to from Denmark...!!!