overall
Brewed by Brouwerij De Troch
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Ternat-Wambeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 405   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.3/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Chapeau Banana Lambic is a clear, golden beer with no head. It is made from water, malt, wheat, hops, yeast, sugar, flavor, and banana (20%).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Psylocke (91) - st-constant, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 19, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2006 really discusting it only taste banana at the first impression and after comes an old taste of somewhat rotten

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
GonZoBeeR (3051) - ste-catherine, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 19, 2005
Aroma:small banana candy.... Appearance:Yellow light head... Flavor:Acid like a geuze and very light banana candy flavor....

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
KimmoS (51) - FINLAND - JUN 4, 2005
I did not expect much from this but it was definitely a very positive surprise. The flavor is strongly banana and there is very little head but it last. (Nšyttšš všhšn Pommacilta.) Tickles nicely behind the upper teeth. Perhaps not a very traditional "beer taste" but I?ve already had a retry and I like it. The taste dos not have so much banana as the aroma did. A picnic beer. It says on the label that there is 20% banana in the beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
KarmelietQueen (8) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAY 25, 2005 does not count
At first sniff I thought this was going to be a horrible beer. The aroma was rather pungent and sour, but once you lift your nose away from the glass you get a pleasant ripe banana smell - I guess the key is to not stick your nose in the glass. Was very clear, with a golden-orange color and a thin white head. A very pleasant, sweet flavor with a bit of tartness. You can tell this is a banana lambic, but itís not sickeningly overbearing. Oh, and for the record... I LOVE banana Runts! Theyíre the best ones in the bag.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JMerritt (1940) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAY 24, 2005
OK, I love bananas, but I hate banana candy, so I was both excited and scared to try this. It pours a pale orange with a large, fizzy white head that is mostly diminishing. Strangely enough, it doesnít smell a whole heck of a lot like bananas. I get whiffs of apricot and oak first off, but the ripened banana aroma does come out if you only waft (instead of deeply inhale). Thank God this tastes more like REAL bananas instead of banana candy (AceofHearts: I cracked up at your review, but as someone who also HATED banana Runts, I have to disagree that this tasted like those disgusting bastards). Highly sweet, with a touch of a wheaty tang, the ripened, brown banana flavors are very noticeable, but donít dominate. Moderately tart and highly carbonated. Hmm...I really liked this!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Gorbalev (3000) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 24, 2005
Lambic Banana. Thatís really funny, sounds like a great band name. Anyway, had a small bottle of this at Smokeless Joeís. Wife loved it. I thought it was actually pretty neat. For starters it doesnít just sort of taste like bananas, it is banana juice. Weird hazy yellow in the glass with no head at all. Fantastic banana aroma. Taste is syrupy banana, also stale bottle taste. Iím not quite sure when exactly this becomes a beer, but for a neat little treat, I had no problems with it all.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
turbothy (1141) - Bonn, GERMANY - MAY 22, 2005
[from bottle @ Copenhagen Beer Festival 2005]
Good fruit beer with a nice crisp banana flavour. Donít drink it if you donít like fruit beers, dummy!

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - MAY 21, 2005
Bottle. Virtually no head, MGD color. The best way to describe this stuff is "Banana Runts". Remember that candy back in middle school, that was made by the same company as Nerds and Gobstoppers? Yup, itís the worst of the Runts flavors. I remember eating the stuff and Iíd go for all the strawberry, orange, cherry, and lime ones but Iíd leave a bag of all-banana at the end. Thatís what this tastes like, pure candy. The aftertaste is of cookie dough. For all this, it still isnít outright offensive, so I donít think it deserves the dreaded oh-five - itís just that this is about as lambic as I am Japanese.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - MAY 16, 2005
Oh, I wish I looked this up before I grabbed every flvor! Ugh, not good. I agree , this is a mix of BMC crap and a banana.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
pman (26) - Silver Spring, Maryland, USA - MAY 6, 2005
12.7 oz bottle from Schneiderís on Capitol Hill. This is the first beer Iíve ever not been able to finish. It tasted like Coors Light blended with several banana BB Bats. Iím lucky my wife didnít leave me after I gave her a sip.