Charleville A Dozen Roses Saison
     click to upload

Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
Sorachi Ace hops, rose hips, and Lavendar added to a distinctive Saison.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
vyvvy (3951) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - FEB 7, 2012
Sampled at Urban Chestnuts Wolpertinger - 1st anniversary - A nice herbal tea/lemonade..... oh wait, this is supposed to be a beer. Pours hazy yellow with a very small head. The aroma has a ton of lavender, lime aspect (from Sorachi Ace?), mild rose hips - much more like herbal tea than beer. Medium / light body with low carbonation. The flavor starts with lemon/lime, chamomile, lavender, and other herbalness - still not getting saison yeast or anything. The finish is like herbal lemonade. I enjoyed drinking this, but it didn’t remind me of beer at all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
seymour (1414) - Maplewood, Missouri, USA - FEB 4, 2012
UPDATED: MAY 10, 2012 Tasted at the 1st annual Urban Chestnut - Wolpertinger festival in St. Louis, MO, USA from tap into sampler beer boot. Poured a hazy golden color with long-lasting white foam and some Belgian lace. Profoundly flowery aroma. Tasted like Sleepytime tea steeped in lemon peels, with perhaps a bit of malt sweetener. Highly herbal and vegetal. I realize Sorachi Ace hops give the lemon-cream essence, but I didn’t pick-up traditional hops aroma or flavor at all. Strange and extremely unique, barely beer as we know it. Glad I tasted it, but I don’t know if it’s something I would seek out again.