Chateau Kamiya Pilsener
     click to upload
overall
Brewed by Chateau Kamiya (Ushiku Beer)
Style: Pilsener
Ushiku-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 3.06/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95   ABV: -

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 16, 2006
330 mL ‘pull’ cap bottle…straight from Japan via Santa’s (IslandHaole) USPS box, Cheers!: clear shinning straw, with an incessant mass of streaming bubbles throughout the body…feeding a thin bleached white head. Fresh, Sweet-Tart, white grape juice and candy sugar aroma…wow – refreshing, unique…I like it! Sourish flavours tingle the palate…there is an interesting sweetness that mixes with this bitterness…but in the end lingers a freshness. I really dig the way the fresh and sour flavours play. Well done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - FEB 26, 2004
As my much more learned colleagues have mentioned, this is a hazy golden color, but just a slight haze. To me, it has the aroma of one of those handmade honey soaps you'd find at Body Shop or some ritzy shop, or a scented candle. Has an interesting sweet flavors with some tart to balance, as well as the mild hops my European friends mention. I've yet to taste the Helles from this brewer but this is their best of the three I've tried.