Chateau Kamiya Pilsener
     click to upload
Brewed by Chateau Kamiya (Ushiku Beer)
Style: Pilsener
Ushiku-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.1/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jonno (2345) - JAPAN - NOV 27, 2011
I found this to be the least engaging of the CK beers. Very malty in a german vein, without a big enough hop dose to balance it. I like my pils big and hop bold or soft and smooth in the czech style. This really needs a bit of tweaking IMHO.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 16, 2006
330 mL ‘pull’ cap bottle…straight from Japan via Santa’s (IslandHaole) USPS box, Cheers!: clear shinning straw, with an incessant mass of streaming bubbles throughout the body…feeding a thin bleached white head. Fresh, Sweet-Tart, white grape juice and candy sugar aroma…wow – refreshing, unique…I like it! Sourish flavours tingle the palate…there is an interesting sweetness that mixes with this bitterness…but in the end lingers a freshness. I really dig the way the fresh and sour flavours play. Well done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
IslandHaole (1156) - Mililani, Hawaii, USA - FEB 26, 2004
As my much more learned colleagues have mentioned, this is a hazy golden color, but just a slight haze. To me, it has the aroma of one of those handmade honey soaps you'd find at Body Shop or some ritzy shop, or a scented candle. Has an interesting sweet flavors with some tart to balance, as well as the mild hops my European friends mention. I've yet to taste the Helles from this brewer but this is their best of the three I've tried.