Chihuahua
     click to upload
overall
Formerly brewed at FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 1.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88   ABV: -

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Headbanger (3303) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 18, 2014
Bottle (Old Notes)-Pours a clear golden with a small head. Aroma of corn and sweetness. Taste of the same. This light bodied brew was another pale lager from south of the border.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Vballnbeer (158) - Gorham, Maine, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Boy does this bring back memories of drinking in Ensenada when I was 18. It was beer and I could drink it, so what could be better? Now I know...everything. This is Corona with a different label. Don’t forget the lemon or lime for flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
fiveacestx (593) - Texas, USA - OCT 21, 2011
I had this back in the day when quantity was more important than quality. I remember it being skunky (clear bottle) and liking it more than Corona.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Butters (3763) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - JUL 6, 2008
Kinda surprised this is retired seeing as how it seemed pretty readily available while in cancun. Fortunately, I only had to drink one of these. Very pale yellow pour with no head. Watery body. No real flavor other than a hint of corn. I’ll pass in the future.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
doctorken (3) - USA - MAR 30, 2008 does not count
It was the best tasting Mexican pale lager. Great all around beer, very smooth and nice finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
62sunbeam (1) - USA - DEC 7, 2007 does not count
I know this makes no sense but This was an EXCELLENT drinking beer. It was actually kind of creamy on the pallet and it had a nice refreshing taste. Almost like it was trying to be a much more expensive beer while still $2.99 a 6 at Trader Joes. Better than many others at 2 or 3 times the price.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
pumpmaster (1130) - Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA - OCT 25, 2007
Had this beer many times while living in Mexico. More or less same level as Corona , Tecate or Carta Blanca (bad)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - FEB 4, 2007
Man, Chihuahua is retired? I feel its time to rate it, typical mexican lagar, Very drinkable, especially with hot food, nothing good, but ok, really cool label, picked up here in socal for 3.99 a sixer, good for a busboy on a budget(Back then) wish it was still around, just for old times! Not as bad as people would make you believe!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Tejas (872) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 2, 2007
Preface: Actually very sad to see this is retired. Going from memory here, admittedly to get my ratings up :) But hey, I used to drink a ton of it back in college so I’m entitled. Same thing I said about Corona applies here except this one’s got more flavor. I really don’t think this one is as bad as people say. Having said that, as a Texan I grew up on it so I may be a bit biased. It’s easy to drink, goes down fast and tastes refeshing w/ a lime and a plate of enchiladas.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Akela (1) - MEXICO - MAY 28, 2005 does not count
Warning: This beer is not brewed since 2001. The time for a better quality of Femsa beers, is 90 days since the packing date (in the bottle’s neck)