Chihuahua
     click to upload
overall
Formerly brewed at FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 1.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88   ABV: -

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
PuckLSHS (101) - USA - APR 18, 2005
What in the hell were people thinking when they made this beer. This stuff is like water. Please don’t drink this if you care about beer.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
hopscotch (9162) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - MAR 4, 2005
Bottle... I had this beer in Mexico so it was fairly fresh and wasn’t lightstruck. However, much like almost all other Mexican pale lagers, it had pretty much no flavor and no aroma. It’s not offensive at all, but neither was my last bottle of Perrier. Goes ok with conch salad. Don’t bother.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
mjg74 (2492) - La Mesa, California, USA - AUG 7, 2004
One of the worst beers I’ve had. I don’t know how beer can be made to taste this bad. Once I had a bottle of this and a can of Milwaukee’s best in the fridge and gave my friend this and took the beast for myself. That’s how much I hate this stuff.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Wiseblood (700) - Clarksville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 20, 2004
I didn’t think there could be a worse tasting Mexican lager than Corona, but this proved me wrong. An aroma reminiscent of dog’s breath put me off from the beginning. Like most other Mexican beers in this class if was pale yellow with a thin head. Very light and almost palatable, just remember to hold your nose if you have to drink this. Pretty bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - MAY 7, 2004
Forgot to cram a lime wedge in it. What in the hell is the matter with me? Will I be brought before some NAFTA board for questioning? What can I say in my defense? I know, I’ll yip like a chihuahua.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Holdwine (1077) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 9, 2003
Okay, I drank it on a dare. Don't make the same mistake I did. Run away from this and all the other "american standards" brewed in MExico. Only redeeming quality: I didn't get sick.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Crit (3350) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 20, 2002
Only time I drank this was in Vegas, and then only cause it was one of the few freebees

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
KingPinHead (390) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - JUL 22, 2002
This was a direct competitor with Corona, Pacifico, et al. until those brews discovered American ad agencies. I used to get this stuff for $4.99 a case back in the day...I loved the bottles with the train on it...No pretense to this beer...Light, hop-biased, effervescent...made for hot days to be drunk ice-cold...One of the best values to be had from south of the border.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
bigal9699 (152) - Orange County, California, USA - JUL 9, 2002
Yet another Corona wannabee which competes with Corona at a lower price point. Typical Mexican brew - light, crisp, refreshing. Little too no taste, hence adding a lime enhances the flavor quality.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUL 9, 2002
The worst of the clear bottled, longneck Mexicans. Not much flavor, and what is there isn’t very good. Still, not bad with chips and hot salsa.