Chihuahua
     click to upload
overall
Formerly brewed at FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 1.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88   ABV: -

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
hopscotch (8783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - MAR 4, 2005
Bottle... I had this beer in Mexico so it was fairly fresh and wasn’t lightstruck. However, much like almost all other Mexican pale lagers, it had pretty much no flavor and no aroma. It’s not offensive at all, but neither was my last bottle of Perrier. Goes ok with conch salad. Don’t bother.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Butters (3725) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - JUL 6, 2008
Kinda surprised this is retired seeing as how it seemed pretty readily available while in cancun. Fortunately, I only had to drink one of these. Very pale yellow pour with no head. Watery body. No real flavor other than a hint of corn. I’ll pass in the future.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Crit (3306) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 20, 2002
Only time I drank this was in Vegas, and then only cause it was one of the few freebees

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Headbanger (3226) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 18, 2014
Bottle (Old Notes)-Pours a clear golden with a small head. Aroma of corn and sweetness. Taste of the same. This light bodied brew was another pale lager from south of the border.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
mjg74 (2486) - La Mesa, California, USA - AUG 7, 2004
One of the worst beers I’ve had. I don’t know how beer can be made to taste this bad. Once I had a bottle of this and a can of Milwaukee’s best in the fridge and gave my friend this and took the beast for myself. That’s how much I hate this stuff.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
joet (2121) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - APR 11, 2002
Pale golden, quick headed thin brew meant as a water alternative. I’ve actually seen somone using Chihuahua to brush his teeth.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - FEB 4, 2007
Man, Chihuahua is retired? I feel its time to rate it, typical mexican lagar, Very drinkable, especially with hot food, nothing good, but ok, really cool label, picked up here in socal for 3.99 a sixer, good for a busboy on a budget(Back then) wish it was still around, just for old times! Not as bad as people would make you believe!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - MAY 7, 2004
Forgot to cram a lime wedge in it. What in the hell is the matter with me? Will I be brought before some NAFTA board for questioning? What can I say in my defense? I know, I’ll yip like a chihuahua.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
pumpmaster (1117) - Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA - OCT 25, 2007
Had this beer many times while living in Mexico. More or less same level as Corona , Tecate or Carta Blanca (bad)

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Holdwine (1075) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 9, 2003
Okay, I drank it on a dare. Don't make the same mistake I did. Run away from this and all the other "american standards" brewed in MExico. Only redeeming quality: I didn't get sick.