Chihuahua
     click to upload
overall
Formerly brewed at FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 1.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88   ABV: -

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
doctorken (3) - USA - MAR 30, 2008 does not count
It was the best tasting Mexican pale lager. Great all around beer, very smooth and nice finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
62sunbeam (1) - USA - DEC 7, 2007 does not count
I know this makes no sense but This was an EXCELLENT drinking beer. It was actually kind of creamy on the pallet and it had a nice refreshing taste. Almost like it was trying to be a much more expensive beer while still $2.99 a 6 at Trader Joes. Better than many others at 2 or 3 times the price.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Skrip99 (82) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAR 5, 2002
I miss this beer dearly. No aftertaste and cleaner tasting than Corona. Discontinued due to the merge between Cuautemoc and Moctezuma breweries in Mexico so that they could focus on Sol beer. This is the only beer I know that will not give you a hangover. The best beer with a lemon & salt. I would pay anything to have this one back. Hopefully we can get a picture up there of its nice red, white & green label featuring a train with 1910 stamped on it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
fiveacestx (581) - Texas, USA - OCT 21, 2011
I had this back in the day when quantity was more important than quality. I remember it being skunky (clear bottle) and liking it more than Corona.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Tejas (871) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 2, 2007
Preface: Actually very sad to see this is retired. Going from memory here, admittedly to get my ratings up :) But hey, I used to drink a ton of it back in college so I’m entitled. Same thing I said about Corona applies here except this one’s got more flavor. I really don’t think this one is as bad as people say. Having said that, as a Texan I grew up on it so I may be a bit biased. It’s easy to drink, goes down fast and tastes refeshing w/ a lime and a plate of enchiladas.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
KingPinHead (390) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - JUL 22, 2002
This was a direct competitor with Corona, Pacifico, et al. until those brews discovered American ad agencies. I used to get this stuff for $4.99 a case back in the day...I loved the bottles with the train on it...No pretense to this beer...Light, hop-biased, effervescent...made for hot days to be drunk ice-cold...One of the best values to be had from south of the border.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
beerstop (173) - Roanoke, Virginia, USA - APR 11, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2003 almost indistinguishable from Corona.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUL 9, 2002
The worst of the clear bottled, longneck Mexicans. Not much flavor, and what is there isn’t very good. Still, not bad with chips and hot salsa.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - FEB 4, 2007
Man, Chihuahua is retired? I feel its time to rate it, typical mexican lagar, Very drinkable, especially with hot food, nothing good, but ok, really cool label, picked up here in socal for 3.99 a sixer, good for a busboy on a budget(Back then) wish it was still around, just for old times! Not as bad as people would make you believe!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
pumpmaster (1124) - Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA - OCT 25, 2007
Had this beer many times while living in Mexico. More or less same level as Corona , Tecate or Carta Blanca (bad)