overall
Brewed by Chimay
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Baileux, Belgium

RATINGS: 4020   WEIGHTED AVG: 4   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Bottle conditioned - 150 cl, 75 cl, and 33 cl bottles. Named Grande Réserve in 75 cl bottles, and Magnum Grande Réserve in 150 cl bottles.
Chimay Blue is principally distinguished by its character of a strong beer. This is a beer whose fragrance of fresh yeast with a light, flowery rosy touch is especially pleasant. Its flavour, noticed when tasting it, only accentuates the pleasant sensations perceived in the aroma , while revealing a light but pleasant touch of roasted malt. This top fermented Trappist beer, refermented in the bottle, is not pasteurised.

onelststnd (19) - Bakersfield, California, USA - AUG 15, 2005
My favorite beer(although there are many out there still to try!). Taste is oh, so smooth. Has an almost sweet taste to it but can be heavy at first. I love to sip it after some BBQ and college football games.

CDBrDisappear (6) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JAN 8, 2006 does not count
At $11 a bottle this is not an everyday beer but as a special occasion beer I had none better. This beer always gives me a good feeling and its not just because it’s 750 ml of 9% alcohol. I have consumed far more alcohol than that without the general warm happy feeling that comes from Chimay Grand Reserve. Cannot be improved.

Xaivier (2) - Dunedin, Florida, USA - FEB 6, 2006 does not count
Last night was the first time I tried Chimay’s Grande Réserve, what can be said about such an elegant beer, the first thing you notice is the wonderful aroma, then the Dark redish/brown to almost black colour, I was really impressed with this beer, the flavor is just wonderful so bold and sweet, no after taste, and we got the chance to use are trappist glasses. All in all this truly is Chimay’s Grande Réserve

everard (1) - Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA - FEB 6, 2006 does not count
This beer has a complex combination of flavors. One of the best I have tasted>

aenimopiate (176) - The United States of Texas, Texas, USA - MAR 4, 2006
I cannot possibly say enough good things about this beer. It has now become my favorite beer. The complexities are immessurable, and it hides the 9% alcohol well. I love this beer, and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have great, great beer

almankin (10) - Crowley, Texas, USA - MAR 8, 2006
My own personal opnion about this beer is that it has to be one of the best wines I mean beers I have ever tasted. I have read some of the other posts and have come to the conclusion that every bottle must be different. The bottle I tryed had a strong fruit aroma. The flavor was increadible, somewhat sweet and fruity. I could tell that there was a higher than average alcohol %, but it was on the level of a red wine. I will highly recommend this beer to all drinkers.

CardsFanBudMan (3) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 17, 2006 does not count
Undoubtable the finest beer brewed in the world. Eric Kirchhoefer St. Louis, MO

tauruslw33 (69) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2006
The first time I had thi, I thought I was drinking Champagne. the second time I had this beer, I knew I was drinking the best beer ever made. Chimay is by far the CHAMPAGNE of beers. There will never be any better.

missmorenita (4) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 15, 2006 does not count
I love the stregnth of the beer but the fresh yeasty taste and light floral finish are the best. Very pleasant to drink

chimaybier (71) - California, USA - JUN 23, 2006
This is my favorite beer of all time. And I have had numerous! It satisfies all seasons, all moods, all moments. I am one of those weird individuals that could pair this beer with any food, at any time. May our LORD & Savior Jesus Christ bless the soul of Father Theodore- may his soul rest in Heaven!