Cider Jack Hard Cider

walterz42099 (61) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 22, 2001
Great beer, too sweet

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JagerQueen (123) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - OCT 14, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 23, 2003 Sweet apple flavor and aroma, golden apple color and inviting appearance. Tasted more like apples than the dry wine flavor of the drafts. I am definitely more partial to the fruit flavor of the cider than to the sharp fermentations of the drafts. Yummy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
buffdaddy615999 (38) - Garwood, New Jersey, USA - SEP 3, 2001

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
iggysam2000 (38) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 9, 2002
Very good flacor it wasnt just a alcaholic cider it was apple beer definitly, it had a beer flavor but instead of bitterness and after taste it had apple flavor pretty good stuff. not my kind of beer but very good.

ciderguy (98) - Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 5, 2002
A pretty decent cider. No strong dry aftertastes. Pretty close to the right balance of sweetness and dryness. Its not often I say this, but better from the bottle than from the tap.

TheBeerLover (1024) - DC Metro Area, USA - JAN 25, 2006
I’m a beer guy, I love beer. Beer has always been my drink of choice, though I do also drink wine on occasion, and spirits as well. Beer has been with us here in America since colonial times. But there is also another drink that has been here as long as beer, and that is cider. Hard cider has been popular in Europe for centuries, especially in countries such as England, Ireland, and France. Cider here in America, hasn’t enjoyed steady popularity. Hard cider is apple cider that has been fermented, and is an alcoholic drink, usually coming in at about 6% abv, making it a bit more potent than your average beer. In colonial times, cider along with beer, was an every day drink. As much hard cider, if not more, was being produced and consumed than beer at points in time. But somewhere along the line the tradition of drinking hard cider, was lost. There has always been small, local, pockets of hard cider production, but cider has become popular once again due to cider companies such as Woodchuck, and the American Cider Company, makers of Cider Jack. Cider Jack pours to a bright golden color, with a slight white head that quickly fades. Carbonation is very lively. The nose has a nice sweet/sour apple aroma. The palate delivers more tart and sweet apple flavors. Cider Jack finishes with more apple flavor and dries on the tongue. This is a crisp, refreshing, hard cider. I’m a beer drinker, but I have always been a cider drinker as well. Cider Jack is a staple in my beer fridge(ok, my wife is the one that really loves it!) and it is a nice change of pace from beer. I like drinking hard cider also because there really is a tradition involved, it is as much a part of our American heritage as beer is. Cider Jack works really well with pork and turkey. I would match this with roasted pork loin, baked ham, or roasted turkey. This makes a nice aperitif, and would go great with a desert of hot apple pie.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
cheap (3802) - Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 24, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 11, 2008 My bottle says ‘cider jack draft cider’ on it - not draft cider. Somebody on the forum told me it is the same thing. So…. long time ago I decided I liked sweet bubbly fruity drinks. Is it true ‘you are what you drink?’ I distinctly remember the first time I tried orange and grape Nehi. Can’t forget the first time I scored a Mountain Dew! This is all reflected in the way I scored Frambroise raspberry lambic and sweet american hard ciders. I have had some ciders by Hornsby that where more like a wine cooler, with all their sugar and other additives in there – not really a cider. Anyway, they say the ciders in america are child’s play compared to the ciders that are available over in the UK. US ciders are simply bubbly fruit drinks by comparison. I hope someday to buy some real cider, I’m not too sure why they are not readily available here, considering the amount of UK beers I can easily get. This cider is in a short 12 oz brown bottle with a twist off cap. Has a dude staring at a red delicious apple on the front. Things are looking up, on the label the only other ingredients is malic acid, apple flavor, sorbate and sulfites! The aroma begins with a blast of sour apple candy. The smell expands to a larger volume once poured into my poor steeler stein. In the glass it has a very light pale yellow tinge, almost like a witbier. There is very little carbonation but I do see a spot in there where a bubble or two is arising. The initial flavor is a hit of slightly watery granny smith apple, not as sweet as I anticipated. The raspberry version is much sweeter. Bubbles arise every time the drinker takes a sip. Good carbonation on the palate. Very nice, not overly sweet finish - could drink a few of these. Seems like your typical so called ‘cider’ from the north east US.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ericnixon (737) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 28, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2004 I've had a bunch of ciders and this one is, by far, the best. it had an aroma that makes me think of good cider, no, more like damn good cider...not a wimpy-ass smell that you get with some ciders. it has good strong carbonation and it just tastes great. i could drink it all the time...well, not now, since i'm at work.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
kitschy (326) - Nebraska, USA - AUG 18, 2007
On draft at Boston Beer Works Fenway location. Very pale light yellow with no foam to get in the way. Very apple-y in aroma and flavor and very flitered for a sparkling appearance. This cider is on the sweet side rather than the pungent’yeasty side of the cider spectrum.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
TonyDiUlio (643) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 9, 2008
another cider beer that i tried this weekend. It was good, not quite as flavorful as the ace cider i had but still good. Girls seem to love these ones. very fruity and smooth. not like drinking beer.