overall

RATINGS: 423   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.8   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Our Maduro Brown Ale aged on whole beans from Naviera Coffee Mills #3 Espresso blend with chicory.

ich_liebe_bier (1) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - DEC 5, 2011 does not count
Hands down the BEST coffee-infused beer I’ve ever tasted. I’m a big fan of Kona Brewing Company’s "Pipeline Porter", however CCB’s Cubano Espresso blows Pipeline away. The aroma is heavenly, the taste is sublime, and the color is gorgeous. It of course has the expected coffee flavor, however the kicker for me was the unexpected hint of chocolate. Made for one very happy palette, indeed. I almost wish this were available as a ’near-beer’ so that I may enjoy it daily for breakfast :]

sloshgator (426) - Orlando, Florida, USA - MAR 29, 2013
Cigar City Cubano-Style Espresso Brown Ale is so good, you will want to have it with breakfast, too, and it would go well too with added coffee. Close your eyes and the aroma of coffee emanates from this tasty brown ale. Speaking of brown ale, they couldn’t go wrong by making Maduro Brown Ale the base. Color is very dark (like coffee). This beer taste just delicious with the definite flavor of espresso roast coffee and the strong malt of their flagship brown ale. Get Espresso Brown wherever you can!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Busick (379) - South Carolina, USA - JUN 15, 2014
Have I said lately how much I love this brewery? Chocolate and coffee go excellent together and some how, Cigar City made it even better in this beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
drowland (6049) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - NOV 25, 2009
The aroma is all coffee on this one - straight up grinds, dark roasty and bitter like Cuban espresso. The flavor is big coffee but with awesome layers of chocolate, malt, and nuttiness down below. This is stellar stuff!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Rciesla (5499) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - DEC 17, 2009
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2010 Draft, This beer is AWESOME! Reminds me of coffee bender, which is one of my favorites. Pours a mahogany tan head, malty light raisins,light roast and some sweeter espresso cream and cafe notes. Nutty with hints of lactose and the fresh sweet bitter coffee beans come together in a phenomenal balance. Love it!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Ontbeertaster (2338) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 26, 2011
UPDATED: APR 22, 2011 To date this is the greatest beer I have tasted. It was something special. I would say this isnt really a beer drinkers beer but it has an amazing tasted. If starbucks brewed a beer this is what they would want it to taste like. I had this one on tap at the brewery and it helped to make my trip there unforgetable. This beer was amazing. It pours a kind of light but yet dark brown colour. very light carbination. at the front it tastes of espresso and it finishes with a light maltyness a bit of caramel notes in there. It was the prefect mix of espresso and beer tastes, which are my 2 favorite drinks, could be why I liked it so much. If your ever able to try this and havent it is very much worth the try. I was very sadly unable to find any bottles of this on my trip to florida, although that may have been a good thing because I would have bought as much as I could find.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Rusty_90 (4) - Orlando, Florida, USA - NOV 16, 2011 does not count
Strong espresso/coffee aroma allows little else to reach your senses. Taste is more coffee than you would expect, meant in a positive way coming from a coffee lover. Slightly thick, but not enough to take away from anything. All in all, it’s possible to forget you’re not actually drinking an iced coffee, especially after enough of ’em. I was surprised how good this was.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
uhljoseph (65) - TAMPA, Florida, USA - MAR 7, 2012
Very nice flavor. Has a vanilla flavor to it and very smooth. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
onceblind (4078) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 12, 2012
Clearish ruby-mahogany with an amazing aroma of roasty easpresso, cinnamon pancakes, and a light touch of vanilla. Taste is really delicious and really cool. You get this cool wave of manageable espresso tones, followed by some light tobacco tones, sweet dark maltiness, light vanilla, and light dark cocoa. Incredible.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ricoslim (116) - - FEB 26, 2014
The aroma of this beer is incredible. The taste does not disappoint either. If you are a fan of coffee and espressos it is a must have. Could easily drink this in substitute of my morning coffee.