Cigar City Pilot Series Miami Madness

Formerly brewed at Cigar City Brewing
Style: Berliner Weisse
Tampa, Florida USA
Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 25   MEAN: 4.53/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.18   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Berliner Weisse brewed with guava, passionfruit and mango by Johnathan Wakefield.

daknole (8851) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAR 12, 2012
Oh my god. I could drink this by the gallon. Pours a cloudy dark yellowish color, white head. Aroma is just loaded with tart and tropical fruits. I get lots of guava up front finishing with passionfruit and mango. Flavor is so juicy, enticingly sour, but so drinkable. So perfectly balanced. WOW. You did it again my friend. BRAVO!

dimenhetfield (2487) - , Florida, USA - MAR 13, 2012
On draft at Cigar City Huna Day 2012. OK I thought that Cookies & Milk was the best beer of the day until I tried this. Absolutely incredible! If I could get this on a regular basis I would stock up, big time. Everything is just spot on, the sour funk, aroma, flavor, everything.

Gnat628 (10) - Florida, USA - MAR 13, 2012
Holy crap somebody get a tap line of this and hook it up at my house. Pours a orangish yellow. BOOM this think has so much tropical fruit in the nose it is ridiculous, guava, bananas, citrus, passionfruit, mangoes. Like a dang tropical fruit market in a glass, and that is just how it tastes. The carbonation is spot on and the body is medium but well balanced against everything else. Super winner here.

urwithdave (10) - Florida, USA - JUL 19, 2012
Lucky enough to have had this on a few different occasions now. This and PFDF were my favorite beers at hunahpu this year. At the Berliner Bash at Pegs it was again amongst the best brews on tap. Just when I didnt think this beer could get any better, I went to the Wakefield/Lokal beer dinner. Best batch to date for me. You always see those lame posts, if you had to choose one beer to drink for the rest of your life, what would it be? Well, Id have to pick Miami Madness. The aroma just blows me away. Tons of tropical goodness. Sour, but balanced enough to where I could funnel it for the rest of eternity.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
crosamich (431) - Twin Falls, Idaho, USA - MAR 11, 2012
Another one that went quickly on Hunahpu day. This was my favorite berliner. A fantastic aroma to start and the flavor finished with a great balance of what I could only think of as pineapple meat (as you get closer to the core). A stunner. Sourness and acidity were spot on.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dunt (281) - Illinois, USA - MAY 25, 2012
Hand bottle from my main man Dave. Pours a light cloudy yellow, resembles a mimosa or pia colada actually. The nose is perfection, holy shit! Tropical fruit explosion, banana, mango, and pineapple. Ive never smelt anything like this in my life, sO unique. Flavor continues the epicness of this beer. The fruit just pops so well, its a perfect balance of tart and fruit. Puckeringly tart, good carbonation, and a great finish. One of the best beers Ive ever had, it was such a unique experience. The tropical fruit blast was unlike anything Ive ever had in a beer. Cant wait to try more of Wakefields stuff.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
MeadMe (1284) - Riverview, Florida, USA - JUL 4, 2012
Pours a bright yellowish orange, a bit thick and pulpy. Aroma is very very tropical, a mishmash of fresh juices. Flavor is divine. Loads of mango and guava with some light pineapple. Very juice like until a puckering acidic blast hits you. Wonderful stuff, the perfect Florida beverage.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jcartamdg (1852) - Spring Hill, Florida, USA - NOV 27, 2012
At Hunahpu day. pours a bright hazy orange with a thin white head. Aroma of mango, orange, guava and more. Taste is acidic, sweet and smooth. so amazing!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hopscotch (8776) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - MAR 26, 2012
Draft CCBs Hunahpus Day 2012 This beer rocks! Murky light-yellow ale with a small, creamy, white head. Good retention. The aroma supplies loads of tropical fruitiness and acidity pineapple, passionfruit, lemon and a hint of mango. Medium-bodied and ultra-creamy with feather-soft carbonation. The flavor is crazy fruity and involuntary-eye-squintingly sour, providing plenty of passionfruit, mango and pineapple greatness. Finishes crisp, silly tart and clean. Another world class sour fruit beer brewed by Johnathan Wakefield on CCBs pilot system!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
biggsbowler (248) - Port St. Lucie, Florida, USA - AUG 26, 2012
Hunahpu Day - I think my glass is laced with cocaine, because I cant get enough of this Florida Weisse. Pour a beautiful yellow/orange. A very fruity and a little tart in the nose. The smell of the fruit came out really nice. It tastes just as good as it smell. I love fruity beers!!! Solid job, JW!!!