overall

RATINGS: 145   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.27   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
Imperial Stout aged on kopi luwak coffee, vanilla and cacao nibs

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
markwise (4545) - North of Tampa, Florida, USA - MAR 17, 2010
Wow. I had this one on a nitro tap from Redlight for RBWG. Holy hell. This beer pours a thick, menacing midnight black with a dark tan head. She foamed head for a little bit then settled like a rabid beast into my glass. The aroma erupted of coffee, earth, roast, malt, and all manner of goodness. Flavor did not disappoint and the mouthfeel was what Dark Lord aspires to and still gets kicked in the ass. Thick and viscous, amazingly tasty... this is up there with the "damn near perfect beer" club.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
cheap (4208) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 4, 2011
Thanks to ______, I had an opportunity to try this at the 2nd Pgh Tasting on the 2nd. I’m not telling you who gave me a glass from the screw top bottle because I don’t want him to get hatemail because of me! Either way, I was really glad to have the chance to rate a beer that floridians consider one of the best, heheh. First off, my immature palate is not refined enough to be allowed to rate such a refined(?) big beer, so sue me. If you are a lover of CC then take my number and subtract it from 5 and get your real rating. From the beginning I knew this was going to be something else; weird looking screw top squatty bottle with a lable that had hand written FINAL PUSH on it. Pouring into the glass it looks like used 50W shovelhead motor oil. Coating the glass it seems to be staining it dark brown. Smell? Atttack of coffee on the olfactory. Did I say it smells like big coffee espresso? Sorry, I just recovered after hitting my head on the wall behind me. No head. Initially, all I tste in this stuff is big black triple espresso cold. Perhaps there is some alky in there but the flavor is so overwhelming coffee I can’t stand it; over the top and way too much personality for this mockery of a beer. I don’t know how stuff like this can be considered beer. OK, after my taste buds recover I do taste come tobacco and pepper in there, perhaps. From beginning to end this is nothing new in the coffee stout scene. Yes, special, perhaps but there are so many other beers out there with these characteristics; over the top roto-tilling burnt coffee and a little alky. Finish reminds me of grampa’s cold espresso with whiskey in it. Big thanks to the guy, you know who you are, that gave this too me to rate. I am very fortunate to have had the chance to taste this. However, it reminds me of the big let down I experienced when tasting all those top 50 impy stouts when I first started rating beers here.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
tkrjukoff (4101) - SWEDEN - MAR 8, 2014
Pours pitch black with a nice lacing brown head. Aroma is intense roasted coffee soy dark fruits. Flavor is just great velvety rich as aroma well bitter and aftertaste stays for a long time.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bullit (4030) - Burgos, SPAIN - NOV 2, 2010
Hand bottled, halloween tasting @ cgarvieuk. Black colour, no head. Aroma is absolutely great: roasted malts, coffee, tabacco, licorice, bit of candy. Flavour is deep roasted malts, coffee, tobacco, licorice. Very bitter, very dense. Low carbonation. Very happy to be able to try this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TURDFERGUSON (3969) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - FEB 21, 2013
From a 32oz growler shared by Diego. Thanks so much bro! Super potent in every sense of the word. Rich coffee, cocoa, roast, light smoke. Flavor is pretty awesome. Fuck. Fun stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
burg326 (3884) - Florida, USA - SEP 25, 2011
Poured a pitch black sludge that stains the glass sides, when it touches it. Aromas of fresh roasted malts, and roasted coffee. Tastes like an cold cup of strong coffee, with some vanilla, chocolate, and no bitterness what so ever. Doesn’t taste like this beer should be 11%, and really good overall, very surprised on this one, and amazing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
vtafro (3824) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - AUG 8, 2014
(Backlog) Draft at blind tiger for eyedrinkale’s birthday 9/14/2011. Black pour with no head. Chocolate, bourbon, spice, vanilla, coffee, and sweeter tones.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
nickd717 (3573) - San Francisco, California, USA - SEP 21, 2010
Rating #2200! Ticked this beer on draft. Pours black in color, and thick, with a well-formed tan head that is typical of Cigar City beers. They really do tend to nail the appearance. The aroma has big notes of delicious weasel crap coffee. Yes I can tell the difference. Besides that, a big base stout with dark chocolate and coffee shines through. The flavor is not quite as amazing as the aroma, but is still excellent. Just a little heavy on the char, but the coffee flavor is great and well-integrated. Big, rich, dark malts form the base, lending roasty and toasty and chocolatey notes. Some anise in there as well. Very full and thick on the mouthfeel. Carbonation is rather low, as it should be, but not nonexistent. Awesome beer overall, and if there was a score for the name of the beer, this would get perfect marks considering I laughed out loud when I got the double entendre. Keep up the good work, Joey, Wayne, and co, and send some beer out to the wasteland of northern CA!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
HonkeyBra (3528) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - SEP 23, 2010
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2014 Sampled many times at GABF 2010. Black oily pout with tan head. Huge aroma of coffee and bitter chocolate. Weasel poop does make a difference. Lots of aggressive chocolate and coffee flavor. Maybe a hint of fruit, and some booze as well. Seems like this is the type of beer you’d either love or hate, because of the aggressiveness. For me, it was one of the highlights of the fest.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
jrallen34 (3483) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 1, 2011
ccb growler... super dirty motor oil, pours super thick with no head, then a half finger dark tan head rises up for a few seconds to form a thick ring, thick beer lacing... smells great, perfect coffee with a bit of brownies, super rich... tastes perfect with an equal amazing mouthfeel, super thick but in a great way, the taste is unreal, perfect mix of coffee that is roasty and rich with a lot chocolate... one of the best stouts out there period... after drinking more than 8 ounces this becomes super tough to drink. Originally a 4.7.