overall

RATINGS: 163   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 206   ABV: 6.88%
On Nantucket a Pumple named Drumkin, brewed up some great ale with his pumpkins. One and all came to savor the delicious flavor, then wobbled around quite like bumpkins. At Cisco they thought, "The is De-Lish! Letís make some more because we wish, to please all the tourists, and locals and purists, with the best ale that we can accomplish!"

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Frecklest00 (7) - Alabama, USA - NOV 6, 2013 does not count
Good ale, but I'm not a fan of the after taste. For me it's a beer to drink with pretzels or Thanksgiving meals. Not necessarily a stand alone beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
60minuteman (597) - Frazer, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 5, 2013
Smell is a roasted malt hop complexion with fruit, pumpkin, cinnamon, and other spice. Taste is toasted bread, hop, oak, but bleak.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
annunz123 (809) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 4, 2013
A lot of pumpkin beers seem to be in an arms race to figure out which can be the most over-the-top, pumpkin pie in a glass out there. Ciscoís effort is a lot more understated, and, to me, better than most. It starts with a solid base beer flavored primarily with pumpkin, with some nice but not overpowering spice in the finish. If youíre looking for a pumpkin beer rather than a dessert, this is worth checking out.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Chad9976 (1082) - Albany, New York, USA - NOV 2, 2013
I poured a 12oz can into a mason jar. I couldnít decipher the freshness date code. It cost $2.50 ($0.21).

Appearance: Flame-orange hue, nearly crystal clear with plenty of active carbonation visible. Pours to a large, eggshell, frothy head which laces and retains well.

Smell: Strong aroma of soap and general autumn fall spices - none of which I can individually identify.

Taste: Thereís a certain expectation I have with pumpkin beers. And while I appreciate those that donít taste like every other example of the style, Cisco Pumple Drumkin would be improved upon if it were generic. Iím not quite sure how this is a pumpkin beer as it really doesnít have any of the usual pumpkin flavors or spices. Itís remarkably bitter and has a soapy taste not unlike the aroma indicates (and yes, my mason jar was quite clean).

The base palette is pretty standard for a fall seasonal. A general mťlange of spices, but nothing too intense. No single spice or ingredient seems to stand out, either. The taste is akin to yellow lollipop - slightly sweet and somewhat lemony. Thereís a strong dry bitterness through the middle with a linger astringency. The taste isnít repulsive, but itís not all that appealing, either. Iím not sure what the brewers intentions were with this one.

Drinkability: Iím surprised to see that Cisco Pumple Drumkin is 6% ABV, as it doesnít have all that much body or weight. It drinks and feels like something in the standard sessionable ale range. The mouthfeel is a little thin, rather crisp, with some dryness in the aftertaste. Itís easy to drink, but I see no reason to have another.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
N3lson1 (118) - Long Valley, New Jersey, USA - NOV 1, 2013
Drank orginally out of a pumpkin into a mug, then drank out of the can. Definitely better when sitting inside a pumpkin for a little bit.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerandBlues2 (9094) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - OCT 31, 2013
Can at Velvet Lounge. Pours clear amber with a medium, frothy off-white head, medium retention with good lacing. Aroma cinnamon, vegetables, cookie and straw malt with earthy hops. Flavor is malt forward with light hops and bitterness, spices and a dry finish. Medium body and carbonation.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dwyerpg (4354) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 29, 2013
A nice light spice aroma that has a hint of pumpkin but not too much. This is a pretty tasty pumpkin beer that is light and quite drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Frank (2387) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 14, 2013
Every year, I try every new pumpkin beer I can easily get my hands on. I donít like pumpkin beer particularly and yet I do this anyway. Is there something wrong w/ me? I say no.

This particular pumpkin ale is a pretty decent one, as far as pumpkin ales go. It is more ale than pumpkin pie and that is a good thing. I like beer better than pumpkin pie. I have beer every single day and pumpkin pie like twice a year. I think this goes for most people around here, call it a hunch. This stuff pours a nice orange amber w/ a thin head of mostly fine bubbles. The nose is a bit of malt, ale yeast and earthy hops. There is a touch of spice but not too much and what I am getting is a very subdued clove but itís really just kind of a general spiciness where you canít pick anything in particular out, which I think works. There is a touch of sweetness here, verging on a little too much, but it is still pretty drinkable overall. The carbonation is gentle and the texture is thick and subdued. I can get behind a bottle or two of this stuff a year, which is probably all I will drink.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Luvystypotables (387) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - OCT 13, 2013
Mild almost non-existent aroma, amber caramel colour with a gray head. Mild taste, with a bit of spice. Spicy finish of cinnamon.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bmsulliv (157) - - OCT 10, 2013
Just ate Mahmoud so my taste buds are weaker than usual. Standard red ale with slight pumpkin spice, nothing special ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone