overall

RATINGS: 101   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.52   ABV: -
Brewed at former G. Heileman flagship plant.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
butrain (14) - USA - MAR 10, 2003
Like many aforementioned reviews, I was drawn to by the price. I expected shitty beer, but didn't get it. Nice honey color, initial head that dissipates quickly, goes down smooth. Best combo of price/flavor out there.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - JAN 1, 2003
Moderately respectable coming from lacrosse, I figured it to be an old style product, but I came to realize that it was from the very nice city brewery. A lager, not great, but not shit.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dougd99 (11) - USA - NOV 23, 2002
Well, i think mine had a shelf life problem by the time it made its way down here to IL. But, for the price this is a great deal. I’ll bet its tastes great fresh off the tap up in LaCrosse. If i see it in bottles i will buy it again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - AUG 7, 2002
Basically, see hey_kevin’s review. This was WAY better than I expected it to be for $4 a six-pack (NE beerophiles, can you imagine anything ’micro’ going for so cheap? I love Wisconsin). Tastes relatively fresh, clean, reasonable body; what else do you want in a cheap lager? Will vie with Sleeman for my favorite of the type.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 16, 2002
What, I can’t believe myself on how much this is just like Old style butr much more easier to drink. Cheap too!!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
heykevin (1273) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - MAY 4, 2002
I almost feel guilty rating this as high as I am. Great swill. I need a cheap beer to fill in the cracks between drinking good beer. For the last couple months this has been it. $2.99 a six pack. It has brief hop flavor and a slightly ricey malt flavor but it goes easy yet maintains enough character to 1) not be overly adjucty and 2) maintain its enjoyability--enough so that it will maintain a place in my refrigerator for the at least the next 6 months.

SuperDrunk (3) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - APR 25, 2002 does not count
For the sheer drinkablity and price of this glorious beer, you can’t pass on it, two thumbs UP!!!!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Beerlover1982 (78) - Lacrosse, Wisconsin, USA - APR 23, 2002
Brewed only five miles from the University of Wisconsin Lacrosse. Great aroma, flavor and appearance make this beer pretty good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
cardshark6499 (1) - Eagle River, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 22, 2001 does not count
As far as I know this is the only brewery in the US that still kraeusens beer. This beer is even better than the old Old Style when it was brewed in Lacrosse before Pabst bought it out, moved it to Miller brewery in Milwaukee and ruined it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GoPackJo99 (16) - Oregon, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 6, 2001
Nice malty aroma with just a hint of hops. Beutiful golden appearance with a short head when poured from a bottle into a pint. Very clear with what appears to be above average carbonation. Good flavor, but no particular ingredient jumps out at me. Finishes with more of a barley flavor. Pleasant overall beer flavor. I’ve heard this beer called the ’New Old Style’ and I can see the resemblance.