overall

RATINGS: 103   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.52   ABV: -
Brewed at former G. Heileman flagship plant.

joesvendsen's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
joesvendsen (29) - USA - APR 19, 2008
can. the staple beer of la crosse wisconsin. pale yellow color, no head. crisp and refreshing, though mine was served cold. my older friends say that this is what old style used to taste like back in the 70s before heilemanís went out of business. for my money, better flavor than the flagship miller and budweiser products.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
HonkeyBra (3345) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - JUN 4, 2014
12 oz. can. Aroma of sweet malt and corn. Flavor is strongly on the sweet side with very mild corn and bitter notes. Light bodied, fizzy carbonation. Finishes sweet. Too sweet. Lots of sweetness in this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jmagnus87 (2427) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - MAY 10, 2014
Bottle poured into a shaker. Pours a clear dark gold with a half finger of white head. Aroma of corn and grain. Taste is light sweet. Meh, not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Headbanger (3300) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - NOV 25, 2013
12oz can (old notes í03)-Pours a golden body with a small white head. Aroma of corn and sweetness. Taste of the same with a little grains coming thru. This light bodied brew is not bad as I was expecting worse.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
nr706 (11) - Evanston, Illinois, USA - MAY 24, 2012
12 oz can into 16 oz. snifter (yeah, I know, a snifter is overkill for a lawnmower beer). Light, slight grain/corn aroma. Pours perfectly clear, golden, with reasonable head. Flavor of malt and corn; minimal hops. Not as thin as other lawnmower beers. Pretty good for a beer that comes in 30-pack cans.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
vomit (167) - Michigan, USA - MAR 15, 2012
Well LaCrosse used to be the home of Blatz and for that I salute them. For this I give them the FINGER! Who poured sugar and corn syrup into my beer!??? I thought I was drinking a corn flavored soda. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER. Hang tight with the Blatz and the bitches will be pounding down your door. Hang with this and expect a lot of digital oscillation (from yourself) of your male member. Shameful! Is this the treatment our boys in uniform deserve?

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
JoePeesie (858) - Long Lake, Illinois, USA - JAN 21, 2012
A pour manís MDG or Bud. Iím not a huge fan of lagers in general, but I found this to be skunky which is a bit odd as I had it poured from a can into a pint glass.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ccex (921) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 3, 2011
Contrary to rumors posted all over the internet, this is not the original recipe for Heilmanís Old Style, although itís brewed at the same place. The only reason you will want to try this is because itís cheaper than other 30-packs of canned beers you despise. Pours a normal yelow with very little head. Aroma is full of corn and sour apples, with a slight metallic aftertaste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BVery (6120) - Burnsville, Minnesota, USA - SEP 5, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2013 Tap at Bodega in La Crosse, WI. Not much going on with this beer - pale yellow pour with a small white head. Kind of a foul nose of stale grain. Very light palate. Taste is corn and grain - simple and boring.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
esjaygee (3903) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 27, 2011
Straw yellow with a large head that fades away faster than I can type this sentence. Aroma is sweet, grassy and adjuncted, hello pale lager. I guess Iím a sucker for my home states clicks, so for 39 cents I couldnít pass this one up. Thin, corny, metallic, grassy and sweetly malted with a touch of honey, this reminds me of my younger days when Iíd buy the cheapest beer I could find. Itís better than the beers those a-holes brew at Miller Coors who are pushing to thwart the craft beer movement in Wisconsin (along with the jackass we voted in as governor).

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
crossovert (7306) - Illinois, USA - MAR 15, 2011
Extremely cheap, but yet it is somehow better than the standard highlifes and buds