overall

RATINGS: 40   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.66   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
Hoppy Feet guy extinguished evil via a sharp stake through an undead chest. Now, Blaecorn Unidragon, mad as hell, has expelled another blood sucker from Earth. No, we do not like Vampires, but we love Vampire Slayer, which was blended with bourbon barrel aged Blaecorn Unidragon to beget Angry Beast.

Note: A blend of bourbon barrel aged Blaecorn Unidragon and regular Vampire Slayer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
johnnnniee (2179) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 18, 2012
Bottled 5/2012 Pours a solid black with a smallish tan head that slowly dissipates to a cap on top. Smells of chocolate, caramel. molasses, roasted grain, brown sugar, light bourbon and vanilla, with a hint of vanilla and licorice. The flavor is fairly sweet with lost of sugary caramel, brown, and candy sugar. Roast, lots of vanilla, dark fruit and chocolate provide some depth then thereís a hint of warming alcohol and a bit of earth. Medium to thick body with a sweet almost syrupy mouthfeel and a moderate level of carbonation. This is a blend of beers I think, itís got a lot going on and I really enjoyed it. Somehow I wish I had picked up more than one bottle of this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kayres (438) - , Georgia, USA - SEP 17, 2012
Pours a thick black with a thich tan head. Big coco aroma. Smooth medium bodied coffee and chocolate flavors hint of roast bitter ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pushkinwow (1961) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 14, 2012
Bomber from Winooski. Dark black with a tan head that fades, Nicely balanced malt, light bourbon and vanilla but a nice underlay of oak, bakers chocolate. Low carbonation, moderate to full body, light initial sweetness (caramelized brown sugar and vanilla) that develops into a growing bitterness and an unfortunate celery note at the end.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
dogfish120love (916) - Westfield, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 13, 2012
Pours dark brown almost black. Notes of wood/oak, chocolate, coffee and vanilla.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kp (10886) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 8, 2012

Date: August 07, 2012
Mode: Bottle
Source: Hop City, Atlanta
Appearance: black, fine tan head, drippy streaks of lace
Aroma: dry roasted aroma
Flavor: rich roasted flavor, bitter dark chocolate, just a hint of sweetness, good hop presence, light bitter finish
Overall: nice and rich but lacking in complexity
Aroma: 6/10; Appearance: 7/10; Flavor: 7/10; Palate: 6/10; Overall: 13/20
Rating: 3.3/5.0
Drinkability: 7/10
Score: **+ /4

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
kathouse (925) - Nevada, USA - SEP 4, 2012
Aromas of chocolate and oak; this beer pours black with a nice tan head. The bourbon barrel doesnít add as much character as it should. Body seems watered down. This is mediocre at best which is a shame since I really liked the beers that blended this one. I still like this beer, but not as much.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cybercat (3219) - Georgia, USA - AUG 20, 2012
Strong, smoky, oily aroma has notes of licorice, chocolate, bourbon and brown sugar. It pours a rich, deep sable with a thick and fine-bubbled tan head that leaves some good lacing. Flavor fills the mouth with quality coffee, licorice and bourbon tones plus subtle chocolate, nutty and toffee notes. Firm, full body has a sturdy and persistent tingle. Catch this beast while you can!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JPDurden24 (1548) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - AUG 12, 2012
Black pour, dark tan and brown head. Aroma is earthy, vanilla and chocolate. Taste adds a little booziness, but not much. A nice and tasty barrel aged stout.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
trevor211 (1298) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 19, 2012
From a bottle. These descriptions are ludicrous. Pours deep black, with a tan head. Some coffee and hops balance vanilla and rich chocolate in the aroma. Super smooth brew -- velvet for 11%, thick, full body, and definitely on the sweet side. Milk chocolate and vanilla dominate. Not much bourbon here, but I actually appreciate that. At the same time, the flavors donít seem like theyíve blended very well -- this one seems like it needs some age. Tasty, no doubt -- and certainly packed with ingredients and flavor -- but this one needs a bit of practice and a couple of years.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sleuthdogg (31) - Illinois, USA - JUL 11, 2012
Limited (brewed once) bottled 5/2012 Poured into tulip Appearance: Angry Beast poured a dark black color with a real nice one and a half finger size chocolate milk shake color head. The head was of a rocky consistancy. This beer hits the mark to me for the style. There is some very nice lacing on this one too. Again spot on for the style. Iím digging how this one looks. Smell: Iím picking up on some char/smokiness along with some faint bourbon. I also get some oak and some molasses along with some bitter dark chocolate. There is some faint coffee/espresso in it as well. The smell isnít as powerful as I imagined it might be but still a great smelling beer. Taste: Upfront I taste the bourbon with the smoke and wood. There is a definite sweetness in the backbone on this one. I taste some chocolate and molasses and a peek of vanilla shows itself. The alcohol at 11% is barely noticable. This is an impressive tasting Imperial Stout. Mouthfeel: Iím afraid this might be where this beer let me down slightly. The feel is a bit thin to me for the style. Not as viscous or chewy as I like for the style but yet I canít stop sipping as I type. Overall: This being my first offering from Clown Shoes, I must admit I will give the other beers from them a shot. It is a very nice Imperial Stout that I would suggest to any stout lover. I realize this is a one time offering that I believe will age well so I am going to pick up some more to age.