overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 31   MEAN: 2.88/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
This is a golden beer with a distinct blueberry aroma and a subtle fruity flavor. The low hop character and blueberry flavor make for a very refreshing brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
desurfer (1190) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUL 14, 2007
It must be blueberry season in New England; in one form or another they’re on every menu I’ve seen so far. I’ve got to give a 5 for appearance not for the pale, cloudy yellow beer, but for the (formerly) dried blueberries in the glass giving off clouds of blue swirling in the beer. Aroma of (surprise!) blueberry with some sweet maltiness. Flavor has some sweet, tangy maltiness and a hint of hops, but this is dominated by blueberry. These types of beers usually turn out gross, but I truly enjoyed this. The fruitiness melds with the beer quite well. Nice job!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
beerbill (3272) - Laurel, New York, USA - JUN 30, 2007
I guess I like fruit beers better than most folks. Served in a pounder with some small wild blueberries added to the glass, this beer is a slightly hazy gold with a white head. Blueberries were present in both the aroma and flavor, but I didn’t find them overpowering as in some other blueberry ales that I have had. Maybe a tad thin, but otherwise a nice change of pace for the summer and very quaffable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
AdamSkillin (376) - High Bridge, New Jersey, USA - MAR 14, 2007
Yuck. Blueberry beer. Not a subtle fruity flavor. A overpoweringly fruity looking (because they dump in blueberries) and blueberry-smelling and blueberry tasting thing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Immy (1955) - Virginia Beach, USA - JAN 20, 2007
Clear light gold with a big white head. They serve this with a dozen or so blueberries thrown in the shaker glass, and the berries continually rise and fall. Somehow it’s entertaining, moreso for those of us with a few under the belt prior. Anyway, sweet blueberry nose and flavor, lightly grainy. Light body, pretty watery. Amusing beer aimed at females, I suspect.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
argo0 (11181) - Washington DC, USA - DEC 27, 2006
(served with berries in the beer) Frothy white head atop clear straw body. Aroma is medium sweet, blueberry. Taste is medium sweet, some blueberry. Watery light body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
hopdog (8530) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 18, 2006
On tap at the Coddington Brew Pub. They served this one with a bunch of real blueberries in it. The blueberries took turns floating to the top and then sinking to the bottom. They did this the entire time I had the beer (I wonder what made them do that). I felt like I just took a bong hit and drawn into staring at a lava lamp (I couldn’t take my eyes off of their never ending floating and sinking). I would have rated the apperance low, bu the blueberries caused me to raise it a few points. Poured a light to medium golden color with a smaller sized white head. Aromas of tart blueberries and pretty much like a blueberry muffin. Tastes of lighter blueberries. Thinner body.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
homedad (4) - USA - JUL 18, 2006 does not count
Absolutely wonderful. Light and smooth. The floating blueberries were different (my daughter called them beer poop), but overall a very refreshing beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Trooper11 (468) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - JUL 13, 2006
At first it was delightful with a mild blueberry flavor. Then the more I drank the blueberry just overwelmed me. Would be enjoyable only as a 4 oz sampler.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Probiere (992) - Iowa, USA - JUN 21, 2005
Smells lightly of dusty blueberries and funk. Some acridity. Taste muddled and funky, but weak with no clear direction. Hard to describe, but the idea, if they truly intended to go for a bit of funk, was a good one, and the beer deserves a lot of freaking and tweaking to make it unique, instead of the dreaded ’easy-drinker’ treatment blueberry beers are assigned.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
freekyp (1462) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 18, 2003
Interesting, there's something floating in my beer that looks a lot like Guinea Pig crap. Oh, its blueberries. I really liked this beer, though it would have been better in the summer, as it truly is a good thirst quencher. Unfortunately, I tried it on a very cold day in late fall, and I didn't experience its greatest benefit. Slightly watery, but good floral hoppiness worked well with the blueberries.