overall

RATINGS: 55   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.11   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
For an extra kick, get some Colt 45 Hight Gravity. It has a higher alcohol percentage than traditional colt 45, so make sure you can handle yours.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
charule (1057) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 4, 2013
Can. Poured dark clear orange. Head film. Very sweet aroma. Tangy sweet semi fizzy taste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Aurelius (4118) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 15, 2013
I see that the esteemed PorterPounder has beaten me to this gem by several years. Consumed from the Etch-proof Snifter of Courvoisier Alternatives. Tall boy can, which I can envision crumpled at the feet of Bad, Bad Leroy Brown. Clear, specimen gold with an enormous white head. Powdery lager aroma - plain and inoffensive though corny. Surprisingly smooth, low bittering, very slightly sweet, almost flavorless. Medium-light body, slightly tangy finish. ABV is well-masked, and the warming effect is subtle. This may edge King Cobra out as my favorite low-brow malt likka. Picked this baby up from the Circle K on the truck route.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
puboflyons (2120) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 23, 2010
From the 710 ml. can no. OCT0410-D07021828. The pour is a vibrant clear yellow with constant carbonation and a fairly long lasting but very thin off-white head and some thin lacing to boot. The aroma is of malts, corn, and a very thin and distant hoppiness. The mouthfeel is heavier than water but not as heavy as a good micro. The taste is malty and grainy with a thin hop bite at the finish. The 8.5% ABV is not as noticeable as some HG malt liquors I have had. Is it something I would buy all the time? No. But for a malt liquor it does the trick.... One additional note: I actually had to add a place to RB so I could tell everyone where I bought it (Metro Mart) because it is the ONLY place in New Hampshire I have ever seen it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
JFGrind (1842) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 6, 2010
Picked up a 24 ounce can of Colt 45 High Gravity @ Carool’s Liquor Store in Camden, NJ for a $1.34. Drank half iced cold out of the can and the other half poured into a short glass. High Octane Malt Liquor, one trick pony as an alcohol delivery system. Wet rag aroma, however, presentable golden bodied beer. By far the cheapest buzz for me in 2010. If I lived on fifty bucks a week this would be my beer of choice.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Scopey (6713) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 1, 2013
Can at Dahlia’s Pour House. Drank it straight out of the can, so I can only imagine that its pale yellow with a massive white head. The nose is musty, cereal, sugar, light sulphur and sweet pale malt. The taste is pretty sweet, buttered popcorn, light dough, sharp alcohol kick and crunchy nut cornflakes. Medium body and moderate carbonation. Definitely better than expected. Smells nasty, but tastes kinda ok. You get a nice buzz from it anyways.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Homer321 (1870) - Rock Ridge, Florida, USA - OCT 18, 2013
Can. Pungent nose. Slightly offensive. Lots of corn. Not pleasant. Not pleasant at all ---Rated via intercellular device

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
hockeybeerguy (1947) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JAN 4, 2013
This is really interesting stuff for as much as I’ve had it before I got into better stuff, here goes: It pours a clear golden color leaving more a hazy body. There is no head and barely any lacing. What lacing there is is somewhat spotty. The smell is all about the malts, hops don’t exist in this, as there is no such thing as balance, I guess in this style, oh well, I didn’t make it. The taste is once again, malts, sugary and sweet, no balance again whatsoever. The palate is raw and harsh on the tongue, at about a light to medium. Overall, yeah, I wouldn’t come back to this, boy oh boy, not sure who really drinks this stuff, but whoever does, all yours as I won’t come back to this.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Shag (2603) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - FEB 16, 2014
A golden color with a white head as expected. The aroma smells like pee and corn. So far this isn’t going well. The flavor is rather mild for jacked up ABV malt liquor. I expect that harsh paint thinner like burn but none of that here. The flavor is slightly sweet with corn, cooked veggies, and a bit of creamy mouthfeel. I fear I might be talking myself into liking this. Its still pretty bad but Im not making a face with every sip. And that is the criteria I go for in this style.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
adnielsen (9013) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - MAR 2, 2013
Canned @ home. Pours a clear yellow appearance with a white head. Corn, orange, booze, a touch spicy aroma. Grape drank, lemon, grainy corn, tangy flavor. Fairly smooth.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
EithCubes (4833) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 31, 2013
OOOOh, baby! 24oz can by NOV2513, you’re damn right it’s cold! Nose? What nose?! Pours clear but healthy golden with a fizzy, oily white head. Medium body very sweet, alcohol masterfully hidden, no bitterness, but even the corn is hidden. No bread or grain or those kinds of shenanigans, this is horse-kick swill that goes down smooth. Oh, but faint florality. Having had the standard version his very evening, I can now say with earned authority (and to the dismay of all those who ever tried to make something out of me) that I prefer regular Colt 45 for an extended night of drinking, but the sweeter and denser High Gravity Lager Colt 45 is a treat reserved for more contemplative occasions. But it’ll gitcha drunk! WOOOO!