Community Beer Works Jam #3: Reprise

Community Beer Works Jam #3: Reprise
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Jam #3: Reprise is an IPA brewed with 2-row barley, wheat, Zeus, Citra and Galaxy hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
merc7186 (2113) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - NOV 2, 2013
A: Hazy Golden Straw Hue, Passes Some Light, White Head, Some Lacing S: Piney, Floral, Mild Grapefruit T: Grapefruit Rind, Piney, Pineapple M: Decent Carbonation, Medium Bodied, Semi Bitter, Mildly Drying Overall, definitely a step up on the hop character from their previous IPAs and a solid presence of citrus hops. Recommended for Hop Heads.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
pete4999 (1045) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 27, 2012
I had some of this a few weeks ago. I’ve been meaning to rate it but haven’t gotten around to it, so I think this review will be a bit lacking. I got to the brewery after the last growler fill, but there was enough left to get a small tasting glass - thanks to the guys there for letting my try it. I love the galaxy hops. Definite fruit/citrus flavor to it, but extremely drinkable and balanced, like the previous Jam I had tried (I think I missed one of them when I was on vacation). Another quality beer from CBW.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
swoopjones (5900) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 4, 2012
Draft at gene McCarthy’s , buffalo. My favorite of the jam series to date. Wheat beer looking pour. Yellow orange and slightly cloudy. Big fresh citra hop aroma, citrus pith. Great citrus flavor, strong bitterness. Nice job rudy