overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 365   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 200   ABV: 6.66%
Beer creeps and lager freaks! Arise and taken possesion of this bewitched offering of the season crafted to lure your spirit’s deepest rapture. Conjured to exorcise the grim horrors of the armies of soulless drafts everywhere.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mcbackus (758) - Merritt Island, Florida, USA - SEP 19, 2008
bottle: pours a great looking red colour with a huge bright pink head, with small lacing and good retention. aroma is a nice sweet malt touches of caramel and bready grains. flavour is a bitter to start then goes into a decent malt, not a lot of flavours come out a bit sticky and k to drink, love the colour though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cornfield (5544) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - SEP 19, 2008
I picked up a bottle of this at the Binny’s in Orland Park, IL. I was tired. I was tired a few hours later when I pulled the bomber out of my fridge and poured - a RED OKTOBERFEST!?! With a tall, rocky pink head to boot!?! Egads, folk, don’t do that to a weary ol’ fart. I have nightmares about my urine looking like this some upcoming morning. Anywhat - The smell was sugary sweet - candy like - with grainy malt. A sharp herbal/grassy bitterness joins in on the flavor, probably just after the midpoint. It turns into a rather metallic aftertaste. Not a very noteworthy brew, but after my initial befuddlement, I began to appreciate the presentation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
badgerben (4502) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - SEP 19, 2008
Light blood red color with a thin head. Light grain and marshmallow aroma. Very weak grain flavor. Nothing going on, other than looking bloody.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
sthlm (1233) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 19, 2008
[Bottle] Pours...red? Weird. Has a small pink head as well. Aroma is sugary sweet with a lot of malt. Taste is very malt dominant as well with not very much going on, aside from quite a bit of bitterness in the finish. Pretty good mouthfeel with a slightly dry finish. Really not very good...pretty much a novelty beer that didn’t work out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
rajendra82 (959) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - SEP 19, 2008
The shocking red appearance was enough to make me yell what the hell is this, but that was nothing compared to the pink foam forming above the body. Alright, now that I was done with this part of the review, I could turn off the lights so that I could get myself to drink this. The smell was not quite as weird as the looks, but the cooked vegetable matter hidden under the hops made this somewhat unappealing in that regard as well. The taste was a decent blend of hops and malts, but felt a little bland. The aftertaste was initially metallic, but improved as the beer warmed up. The beer felt pretty good in the mouth with a medium thick but sticky palette. This did not turn out to be the drain pour that I was afraid it might be, after I first laid my eyes on it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
heemer77 (5108) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - SEP 18, 2008
Ok, first off, this is candy apple red with a light red head. Bizarre. The aroma was rich hard cherry candy and bubblegum. The taste was muted malt and fall leaves. There was a little bit of toffee and iced tea finish. Drinkable, but far from special.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
BeerBunker (725) - Burbank, Illinois, USA - SEP 18, 2008
The bottle art is amazing, but it does not mention anywhere amongst the bombastic statements what the hell kind of beer it is. Pours a red color, with a pink head. Cute novelty, but it doesn’t make a good beer. I could pull nothing except the smell of dye and possibly some malts from the aroma. Taste is very bland. A small trace of cherries can be detected, and that’s about it. This is on the same level as a bland pale lager, but with a goofy color. Waste of money.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
JK (4603) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - SEP 17, 2008
Weird red color, like it is going to be a fruit beer. Almost no aroma at all. Dry malt flavor, bitter actually from the malt. I don’t care that its red, but it isn’t very good anyway.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - SEP 16, 2008
Pours like red cream soda with a tall lasting head. Aroma is mild with hints of red hots. Medium full nectar with good carbonation. I can see a glimpse of the Okto style trying to peep through but this bittering component slaps me in the face and I soon forget everything. Well, this is not my beer of choice under any circumstance. It doesn’t taste good, plain and simple. Not even to be cool ? No!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
bb (6861) - Alamo, California, USA - SEP 16, 2008
Bottle. Cherry red beer with a pinkish head. LIght malty, caramrl, mineral aroma. Hoppy for an octoberfest with some malt, caramel, spice, and earth. There’s a funny oily slickness to the mouthfeel. Malt lingers with a bit of fruitiness and some earth/spice.