overall
Brewed by Coopers Brewery
Style: Foreign Stout
Regency Park, South Australia, Australia

RATINGS: 1255   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 189   ABV: 6.3%
Now hereís a beer with punch. Coopers Stout is a beacon for lovers of a hearty brew. With its robust flavour comprising a blend of fruit, chocolate and hop bitter notes itís everything a stout should be. Brewed naturally using a top fermentation method, Coopers Stoutís unique rich, dark texture comes from specially roasted black malt.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
dubs (117) - St Peters, NSW, AUSTRALIA - OCT 13, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2003 just had a mad longie of this watchin back to da future with my posse this is an immortal stout which needz to be drunk warm with a pipe or some shit heavy man heavy

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
morty99 (371) - Maryland, USA - OCT 2, 2002
Slightly better this time. Pours well and retains tan head throughout. Pleasent roasted coffee and burnt chocolate notes throughout. My main complaint is its just to carbonated. I thought I was crazy while drinking it until I read some other reviews that mentioned it as well. I like a nice smooth, creamy stout which are about the only two areas this beer is lacking in. Taste and pour are excellent, just needs some work in the body shop.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SilkTork (5375) - Southampton, United Kingdom, Kent, ENGLAND - SEP 19, 2002
My experience was of loads of dark fruits cut through with sharper fruits like apple, yet balanced throughout with chocolate and coffee. A very pleasing stout, but not outstanding. I disliked the constant background fizz which seems to be a trademark of Coopers. Rating 6

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 18, 2002
nice malty flavor, with a very plesent aftertaste. intresting little stout

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - SEP 17, 2002
Black as coal and sits in the glass like it. The head disappeared within seconds. The aroma was a bit offsetting as it initially reminded me of cheaper beer but it seemed to change as I drank it. The flavor is a nice roasted malt. I think I prefered the aftertaste more than actual initial taste which I find quite strange. Seemed a bit thin. An ok stout but very very odd.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
winkle (476) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - SEP 15, 2002
Donít blink or you will miss the head. The usual coffee and toasted malt flavours, a nice black colour, body does seem a tad thin but good anyway.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - SEP 13, 2002
Noticeable roasted malt aroma some fruitiness. Medium bodied, strong roasted malt, would even say smoky. Underlying apple like fruitiness, light hop bitterness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
igneous1 (1507) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - SEP 13, 2002
the first beer iíve ever seen that had ZERO head. dark, but not opaque...couldnt pick up much in the aroma..had lots of floaties in it. the flavor was VERY slightly roasted with cherry accents..slightly vinegary

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - SEP 13, 2002
Not really bad, but not great either. It was kind of thin, but I like the high ABV. I like my stouts to be a little more bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
johninmelb (1127) - Bristol, Gloucestershire, ENGLAND - SEP 9, 2002
Iím not normally a stout bloke, so this one is hard to judge. But if I had to drink only stout, this is not a bad drop.