CooperSmiths Brother Adams Sparkling Mead
     click to upload

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.33/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 267   ABV: 8.9%
Mead is an alcoholic beverage made by fermenting honey. We use 360 pounds clover honey, a small amount of pale malt and our strong ale yeast to make Brother Adam's. It's bright gold, with a wonderful floral aroma and a fruity (apple & banana) honey flavor.

Ringo's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - SEP 16, 2004
I am not sure how to rate mead, as I don’t have much of a control to compare against. So I suppose that this is as good/bad as any. I enjoyed it enough but did not want another one. You can taste the honey though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
3fourths (7859) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - AUG 18, 2004
Light orange color. Small white head. Spiced honey, wheat, cinnamon. Light body but alcoholic, with some wine-like floral flavors... grapes, soapy roses... oranges and some honey in there as well, as it should be. Interesting, but weird.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUL 29, 2004
Solid yellow color, small head. Faint sour aroma. Taste is sweet, with pronounced alcohol that really creeps in later in the finish. Honey taste is still evident. Strange stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 13, 2004
Wow - my first Mead - finally. This had a glowing golden color, very small ocassional bubbles rising; no head and clear lacing. Aroma was fantastic - honey, clove, herbal, floral. I was expecting a thick palate, but this was more like a wine viscosity - smooth and even a little oily. Very fruity tasting - honey sweetness and summer fruits with a lingering light fruity ending. Makes me anxious to try more mead!