overall

RATINGS: 146   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
"Pride of Milford" is a very special ale with a tapestry of complex flavors and aromas. It is brewed with five malts and fermented with the Ringwood yeast at a higher temperature which gives this beer a uniqueness all its own. "Pride" has a distinctive reddish copper color. It is strong and rich beer. When "Pride" was first brewed in December 1999, many thought the flavor and aromas of this beer had fruit overtones. No fruit or adjunct flavoring is added to this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
tpoid (25) - Boynton Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 3, 2004
I am a fan of Cooperstown brewery. This one is a strong kick ass beer. Great flavor, fruity at some level yet I know there is no added flavors to the beer. Nice red color, excellent head and lacing. Very hard for me to not rate this as one of my favorite ales. The only down side is it is not readily available in my area, I get it at local stores by my son’s college. He graduates this month, but I am told it is available via the web site to NY residents. My good fortune!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dorfrx (21) - Glenmont, New York, USA - FEB 24, 2004
Excellent color, with nice head when poured. The alcohol grows towards the finish. There was a slight musty flavor, giving a ood impression of the yeast used in brewing.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
somecrzyguy420 (13) - schenectady, New York, USA - DEC 29, 2006
not a big fan really, to bitter and hoppy for my tatse, good color and palate though, semi sweet after touch

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
slapknot (8) - Safety Harbor, Florida, USA - JAN 1, 2007 does not count
The ale was a bright copper in the glass and clear as tree amber. White lacing lingered long after the ale was poured into the glass, suggesting a well preserved, strong bodied ale. Indeed, even a light quaff could detect the noble hops (Fuggle?), but beneath lay tart spice, sweet malt, and hot biscuits. Mouth feel is surprisingly light and smooth for a beer with so much malt (five kinds—I would guess Crystal, Pale, and a Pils were used). A fruity sweetness begins the taste, but the bitters quickly go to work and the mouth puckers, losing what could be a complex taste. Although this is not a style of choice, I have had Pride’s that impressed me for their smoothness despite ABV and hearty filling; this session was a disappointing exception.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
xelabeer (7) - GUATEMALA - JUN 16, 2012 does not count
Poured a nice copper color, but had very little off white head which quickly dissipated. Aroma was a bit of sourish cherries with caramel malt underneath. Had low carbonation which was ok for this beer and overall balanced for the % alcohol with a bit of a fruity/cherry finish.

pandaman67 (3) - Boonton, New Jersey, USA - MAR 6, 2007 does not count
Took the tour of the brewery last year and brought a case from them. I have been searching NJ for it ever since.Very good tasting beer with a nice red color. It looks like I will have to visit again this summer to get some more. A few cases this time.