overall
n/a

RATINGS: 200   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.11   EST. CALORIES: 124   ABV: 4.13%

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Aubrey (3431) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - APR 10, 2004
Clear and golden-yellow with a fizzy and quickly fading head. Beery, sweet creamed-corn nose. Super lively carbonation. Dry, seltzer-water bitterness / synthetic finish. No major negatives to complain about (other than being a little corny), but it doesn't offer any positives either.

hershiser2 (1208) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - APR 10, 2004
AWFUL! But I had to try it: never saw or heard of it before. No head, no body, no armoa. Hmm, wonder what it's gonna taste like... that's right: NOTHING! Finishes about as tasty as wet cardboard.

DocLock (7824) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 9, 2004
Very little head. No aroma. Slightly bitter taste, but not hops. Finishes like dilute unswwetened lemonade. Piss poor.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Ernest (6183) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - APR 8, 2004
Head is initially small, fizzy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear medium yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (cereal, grain), note of metal finings. Flavor is lightly sweet. Finish is lightly bitter. Light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. One thing I can continue to say about Coors' main products, they're not offensive. Tasteless, yes. Stinky with a poor aftertaste? Nope.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
PorterPounder (5448) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - APR 6, 2004
Label looks amazingly similar to the "New Busch" that came out in the early '80s (yes, I'm aging myself) - too bad the flavor does not match! Maybe there is something to carbs - they actually add flavor and mouthfeel to a beer. Wet paper bag aroma, light white, but surprisingly long lasting head - almost clear appearance. Club soda like carbonated mouthfeel. Flavor - not much - slight, very slight dull Saaz hoppiness. Peppery aftertaste. Surely Coors can do better than this.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Aurelius (4106) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - APR 4, 2004
Well, I've gone from the sublime to the ridiculous this weekend. Started the weekend with Allagash Four, now I'm dealing with low-carb offerings from the local ABC Likkas. Hope the Matt Accel does better. Lousy label, screw-off cap, beer looks like someone ran a rusty nail through some tapwater. Lagery, somewhat banana-like aroma. Tastes like watery malt liquor. Corny. Finish is tart and somewhat steely. Bleh. Why bother? If I go on a low-carb diet and need to drink, then I'll switch to vodka tonics.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - APR 4, 2004
12 oz bottle. Oh come now guys, you're really over-slamming this above average effort from poor lil' ol Coors. Appearance: bubbly apple juice. Sweet corn nose, not as stale as I’d expect. Very little flavor though not as nauseating as many. Sweet, no malt or hops to speak of, faky, but seems more beerlike than other low-carbs. Nasty metallic bitterness at the end derails a fine fine effort.

obxdude10 (2031) - Limerick, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 2, 2004
This has to be one of the most awful beers I have ever tasted, no aroma, no color, no flavor, no aftertaste, no nothing, there is absoutely nothing to this beer, I really wish this low-carb trend would go away so brewers would stop producing this crap, it's a waste of ingredients & resources (not that Coors is very effecient with either one of those in the first place), after about halfway through this bottle I wanted to stick a fork in my eye, I would like a refund of the money I worked so hard to earn, I feel cheated & used (but then again being used isn't all that bad, in some situations anyway :) )

austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - APR 2, 2004
This is the most abysmal beer backwash I've rated in years. Coors has thoroughly embarrassed itself with this water-flavored drink. It is thin beyond words, and is far worse than the Rolling Rock Green Light and Michelob Ultra that it competes against. There is nary a hint of beer flavor here, yet its color is a pretty gold, so some trickeration is clearly afoot. Very much like Seltzer water. Appalling.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
willblake (2647) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - MAR 29, 2004
I'm ashamed to be rating this, but I was so insulted to have consumed this garbage I feel it necessary. Bottle, 3/27/04. Boss gave me this beer to try out, likely because he didn't want to do it himself. This stuff has, quite honestly, no beer-ish qualities. It is barely pale yellow. It has a fizz head like an NA. It has no aroma. The initial flavors are of club soda...I can bolster this opinion by stating that a buddy of mine, a Coors Light drinker (!) said that this beer had no flavor. There is an aftertaste of the juice from a can of green beans. Really. It is insanely dry, just like seltzer. Coors wants this to be a bigger body alternative to Ultra? It'll be a cold day in hell before I try Ultra, if that's the case. I'm also pretty sure there is no alcohol in this stuff. And let the record show that I even let the beer warm to see if any nuances might emerge. All that happened is that the aftertaste of green beans began to present itself on the nose. Wow, this is an amazingly bad attempt at beer, even worse than I had anticipated, even worse than O'Douls. Bad. I'm giving it one overall bonus point because 1) I've had one worse beer in my life so far, 2)it does accomplish its goal of being low carb/no flavor, and 3)this is supposed to be tastier than Ultra, which must then be worse. Avoid Aspen Edge at all costs.