overall
n/a

RATINGS: 201   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.11   EST. CALORIES: 124   ABV: 4.13%

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - MAR 29, 2004
I'm ashamed to be rating this, but I was so insulted to have consumed this garbage I feel it necessary. Bottle, 3/27/04. Boss gave me this beer to try out, likely because he didn't want to do it himself. This stuff has, quite honestly, no beer-ish qualities. It is barely pale yellow. It has a fizz head like an NA. It has no aroma. The initial flavors are of club soda...I can bolster this opinion by stating that a buddy of mine, a Coors Light drinker (!) said that this beer had no flavor. There is an aftertaste of the juice from a can of green beans. Really. It is insanely dry, just like seltzer. Coors wants this to be a bigger body alternative to Ultra? It'll be a cold day in hell before I try Ultra, if that's the case. I'm also pretty sure there is no alcohol in this stuff. And let the record show that I even let the beer warm to see if any nuances might emerge. All that happened is that the aftertaste of green beans began to present itself on the nose. Wow, this is an amazingly bad attempt at beer, even worse than I had anticipated, even worse than O'Douls. Bad. I'm giving it one overall bonus point because 1) I've had one worse beer in my life so far, 2)it does accomplish its goal of being low carb/no flavor, and 3)this is supposed to be tastier than Ultra, which must then be worse. Avoid Aspen Edge at all costs.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Braudog (5998) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAR 29, 2004
This is a really bad marketing gimmic trend that needs to die. Here we have a crystal clear yellow beer with the texture of water ... it's sole somewhat appealing characteristic is its activity, but after about 2 seconds it results in absolutely zero head. This has the barest of malt aromas. Now I've said this before about other bad beers, but this time I really mean it: THIS IS HAS ABSOLUTELY NO REDEEMING VALUE WHATSOEVER ... NO FLAVOR ... NO BODY ... NO HOPE.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
SG (465) - Valley Center, California, USA - MAR 28, 2004
It's a really hot day and this beer was really cold! Zero bitterness, basically water with a slight touch of corn/malt. Better than Ultra, hell it's probably better than coors light and miller lite. Drinkable. The least bad "low-carb light lager" I've had.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - MAR 27, 2004
I actually found a beer worse than rolling rock. I thought beer had flavor. Usually beer has flavor. Aspen has none. Hello, where are the hops? did they forget to put it in? There was some malts in it, but a very light presence. I drank it from the bottle, being to afraid to see the color. Its not easy going up to a girl in a bar and ask her to dance with a glass of urine in your hand. IMO this beer doesn't even erserve the .5 it is going to get.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
bu11zeye (12147) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - MAR 27, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2004 (Bottle) One of the new low-carb fad beers. If I rate this beer as a water it would rate much higher, as it tastes like it is 95% water. Since water does not have any carbs, hence they colored the water and called it beer.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 25, 2004
In the realm of low-carb beers, this is the newest of the bunch. The taste is similar to the rest, or lack of taste for that matter. Something to drink when there is nothing else around or for those without taste buds.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
beastdog75 (363) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - MAR 16, 2004
Not the worst of the low-carb beers I've had, but still a sign of the sad state of affairs of American macros. Has a sweet, fruity taste to it, but still mostly watery. Might be a tad more flavorful than Coors Light, but not by much.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
zathrus13 (1735) - Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA - MAR 10, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 11, 2004 Better than Ultra, but that doesn't say much. I tried this and an O'douls Amber at the same time, and the O'Douls tasted better!!

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - MAR 9, 2004
A touch better than A-B ultra.Now the Coors mob have their ultra swill.This was a free sample at work mind you!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Tomgel (1) - Geneva, New York, USA - MAR 6, 2004 does not count
In this new growing category "low carb mania" I thought i'd become a kool-aid taster instead of tasting more products like Michelob Ultra. If this category is still around in 5 years, hats off to Aspen Edge, I feel you may not only dominate the low carb category, you may own it!