overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 416   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.75   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Batch 19 is derived from a recipe found in an old logbook discovered in brewery archives dating back before 1919, when Prohibition banned beer throughout the country. Prohibition was enforced in Colorado in 1916. The pre-Prohibition style lager delivers a bold, hoppy flavor that is surprisingly well balanced. Test market in Chicago, Milwaukee, San Francisco, San Jose, and Washington DC.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 5/20
darkprice2012 (5) - Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA - FEB 22, 2013 does not count
I had a sample of Batch 19 at the local BWW’s. It was alright. OK flavor. I would be able to drink it but I’m not running out to pick up a 6 pack anytime soon.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
DTM (798) - Winters, California, USA - FEB 20, 2013
Bottle from the 76 station in Davis, CA. Pours a clear golden color with the aroma of corn and grain. Seems like another run of the mill "premium lager". Sweet malty flavor with a hint of corn. Probably won’t drink again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
ketchepillar (1072) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - FEB 20, 2013
On tap at Kelly’s. Beer reps were there and gave it to me for free so who am I to complain? Corny, grainy aroma. Moderately sweet.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
milwaukeebeer (44) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 20, 2013
I decided to try this one out. Cool looking label and I wanted to try the pre-prohibition recipe. Wonderful, imho. Has the full flavor of Sam Adams Boston Lager, yet the finish is a tad bit cleaner. A good session brew. I ended up purchasing another six-pack the following week. Very satisfying and the abv is just right. Thank you, Coors!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
MarkBarnes (375) - Waterville, New York, USA - FEB 20, 2013
Feb. 20, 2013; 12 oz. bottle. Was disappointed to find this was a Coors product only after purchase - was intrigued to try an allegedly-old recipe. That said,"Batch 19" is a serviceable lager; far better than the usual Coors experience. Light amber pour, thin head, sweet aroma. Nice hop bitterness and, much to my surprise, a decent malt backbone - which would probably not emerge if consumed too cold.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tasterwannabe (3) - - FEB 19, 2013 does not count
Decent overall. Bottle is Great. drank from glass, poured from bottle. Taste is what coors light probably would be without the watered down taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
shhmoke (32) - North Carolina, USA - FEB 19, 2013
Pours clear copper with a white head. Smells of malt and some hops. Tastes like an average generic lager. Not terrible, however probably wouldn’t drink again if given the choice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Kinz (3286) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - FEB 18, 2013
Ran across this at the bar at TGI Friday’s where I was meeting a couple of people for work. I pretty much never go to Friday’s. In an even odder coincidence, I bumped into a guy there from my homebrew club - also not inclined to go to Friday’s. What is even stranger is that this guy is known for having brewed a killer pre-pro pils back in the day - one that he even brewed at a local brewpub a couple of times. He had just finished this - and warned me against it. Since it was the only thing at a Friday’s that I hadn’t had before, I tried it anyway - knowing full well that some macro was behind it and that I probably wouldn’t like it. Oh well, eyes wide shut. Draft. Aroma lightly of adjuncty malts. Don’t know if it is adjunct laden or not, but it tasted that way. Flavor from a malt standpoint was a bit like Yuengling, but a touch sweeter. There were some bitter hops on the finish. Not much in the way of flavor, just some bitterness that was at least present. But overall, it didn’t really work for me. I’d rather just have a plain old Yuengling than this. But, glad to try another whack by a macro trying to crack the craft code.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jpowings (2) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - FEB 18, 2013 does not count
This is a wonderfully refreshing beer with a great balanced taste. A beer that I was surprised to find out was from coors. If it truly is an old recipe then I’m sad it was lost for so long.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
robforbes (2073) - Bremerton, Washington, USA - FEB 18, 2013
pours a clear light copper with little to no head, and very little lacing. smell is faint, grain, malt, and few hops. taste is of grain, sweet malt, and a few hops. ends a little on the oily side.