RATINGS: 1437   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.7/5   IBU: 6   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
The Banquet Beer was born in the Rockies and has been a proud part of the American experience for generations, stubbornly refusing to compromise, since 1873.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Diablokev (165) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2003
I live about 15-20 minutes from the main Golden Colorado brewery, so this rating may be a bit of a homer rating. That being said... The aroma is light and sweet, but you can pick up a very light hoppy waft. The appearance is a wattery light golden color, but yet this beer left the best lace that I have seen yet... I repeat the best lace I have seen yet! (I wonder if the bar I sampled this at secreatly added some better brew in with my Coors to achieve this great lace). The flavor is light, but again just the lightest hoppy flavor (I thought it would be like drinking a better brew that was warm, and in a attempt to cool it down you placed about 4 ice cubes in it and then let them melt). The beer is very smooth and easy to drink with vitruly no aftertaste. Overall when compared to the other mass produced non-light beers, this one is not half bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - JAN 30, 2003
not terrible beer, middle of the road american standard, drinkable but I'm not going to seek it out'

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 29, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2007 I have to re-rate the Banquet beer. I bought a 6 pack of cans this past summer because I just loved the retro looking cans! Looked like something straight out of the 70s. It’s not a bad beer. I wound buying a couple of 30 packs. Sat around on the boat and by the pool swilling this stuff. What’s there to say? It tastes like cheap beer. It is what it is. It quite possibly gives the worst hangover you will ever have.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
tomseaman (35) - Alpine, California, USA - JAN 29, 2003
Another carbon copy of every other mass-produced beer in the US.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
redlem (1306) - Ohio, USA - JAN 25, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2011 It just goes to show you what a good marketing campaign can do for you to sell a bad beer. Bud/Miller/Coors try to tell the difference in aroma and flavor. Answer: None.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
RobBestwick (844) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JAN 21, 2003
Watery flavour, weak colour and aroma, carbonated.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
jeffwhalen (45) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 21, 2003
I have a question: Is there a Coors Original and a Coors "Banquet Beer" Original? I first noticed this distinction when traveling throuh the southwest, about the time the pictured label came out, the clear plastic--stealing Rolling Rock's painted label phenom--and for some reaon the word "Banquet" jumped out at me. I used to drink Coors Original--not the light crap that took over and thus made Original a rare find--in the bars that would serve me before I was officailly legal...ahem...so I considered myself a Coors drinker, much better than my buddies who drank Budweiser--it gives me a headache just to say it--and a lot better than High Life, which we all know is for the penny-rollin days...and easier on my immature gut than Iron City--you gotta grow into that stuff, even though most Pittsburghers are raised on it, yet it is an acquired taste...so anyhow I drank Coors Original and never noticed Banquet on the label, and am at this moment drinking a Coors, from a Pitsburgh bar that carries alot of the beers so big with some of the snobbies out there...wink wink...and this Coors Orignal is the old style label, a bit modernized but still old style, and so no "Banquet"...anybody know what gives? Oh, and the real reason for the tangent...the "old style" labeled beer tastes better...the "Banquet" is bitter and thus was a big disappointment when I finally got the land of the Rockies

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 20, 2003
The Banquet Beer.....Yuk!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
kalisto9 (73) - Crafton, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 18, 2003
What aroma? What flavor? What beer? This tastes like the waters from the mountains it's supposedly brewed with. Might be interesting to filter through a Brita and see if there's any change in flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Verne (263) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JAN 18, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2003 There is nothing bad about this beer or anything really good about it. It just has no flavor