Cornerstone Devilís Advocate

(RETIRED)
Cornerstone Devilís Advocate
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 4.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BR007 (14) - Strongsville, Ohio, USA - JUN 7, 2008
Nice, Nice brew. Also had it as part of the tasting on 5-14. Too bad we cant get this all the time. I would be living there. This stuff coated my mouth with wonderful hop textures. The best beer of the night in my opinion. Very well balanced and a real treat. Looking forward to the nest tasting.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
fiver29 (1035) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - MAY 14, 2008
The brewers poured this as part of a tasting this evening. They said it has been aging about 1 and a half years. Pours a very dark amber with a off white head. Has a very complex aroma. I smell sweet carmel, slight alcohol hints, and a mixture of other smells I canít identify. Has a medium mouthfeel. Tastes very smooth and bold. Has an almost resiny taste to it. If there was a way to make a hopped up barleywine this is it. It has a sticky taste and feel upfront with a bold, sweet, malt backbone that leaves a smile on my face. Has a very subtle alcohol hint. Overall, this is a beer I would love to have all the time.