overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3327   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.69   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
bsii99 (13) - Berkeley, California, USA - AUG 2, 2002
In my experience, I prefer this after a a long day of snowboarding and dinner than by itself, but even then, it’s nothing much to write home about. By itself, it’s a little dry going down.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
PorterPounder (5696) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - AUG 1, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 8, 2011 Rerate Duped into buying this because it was labeled Corona Familiar in a 24 oz bottle at Habersham in Savannah. Medium gold pour, white head. Typical corny lager flavor, some graininess. Aroma has some we paper bag essence - but not putrid. Original 2.2 I rated without the lime - however, without the lime this beer is barely drinkable. But at happy hour at a trendy bar - image is everything!

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
trebor99 (8) - east westfield, New York, USA - AUG 1, 2002 does not count
good commercials - but why would anyone actually drink it?

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
rkn65 (106) - st. clair shores, Michigan, USA - AUG 1, 2002
Any beer that needs fruit added to it isn’t beer its zima.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 1, 2002
I am gonna take it easy on Corona since I actually do drink it from time to time. I agree with the reviewer from Denmark that proclaimed this beer is perhaps more enjoyable while consumed in the same climatic region where it is produced. For example, I guzzled down a few Coronas with lime last night while sitting on the lake in the 90 degree humid South Carolina heat and it was much more drinkable. This is not a beer that I honestly enjoy without the lime or some pleasant female scenery. I don’t buy this unless there’s a beach, water or a party nearby.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
benzim (36) - USA - AUG 1, 2002
Drink with a lemon so you actually taste something. Overpriced Mexican beer water. Nice bottle (amazingly the clear glass doesn’t create skunkiness...maybe because there are no hops)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - JUL 31, 2002
I’ve always thought this beer has an odd yellow color. A little too yellow for me. Very mild hops flavor...bland.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
BOCCALO (10) - USA - JUL 30, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2003 okay with burritos,uh yeah, goody and hopped up, pretty hue,and stuff

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
erlik (26) - SPAIN - JUL 30, 2002
It’s refreshing and smooth, but it’s not a good beer in my opinion. 007lund hit the nail on the head: it doesn’t taste like beer and that’s because girls like it. Much better with lemon. (In Spain is called Coronita)

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
albert007 (415) - Penobsquis, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUL 29, 2002
Well, Colpitts and I were just out and I tried this and Sol for the first time. The aroma points are mainly because the beer was served with a lime and the ’aroma’ of the beer was somewhat masked. When I couldnt taste the lime, a bit of raunchy beer taste would tickle the tastebuds. Does go good with the dry taste of beef nachos, as Colpitts also said.