overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3248   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.69   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Hmelsicky (39) - Maryland, USA - APR 5, 2002
Good beer especially with a lime in it. I really prefer to drink it when its hot out though

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
bierkoning (9999) - La Tropica, NETHERLANDS - APR 5, 2002
Vegetable-like aroma. Neutral taste with some sweetness. I didn’t find any hopbitterness. Very bland and sticky. If you are very thirsty, don’t drink Corona. Drink a decent beer or mineral water!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 14/20
grymy (105) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - APR 3, 2002
good summer beer with a lime

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - MAR 30, 2002
Ummm...I don’t even think I would have liked this last year, when I just began drinking good stuff. Muddy, corn syrup sweet yet strangely bland. Part of my student’s 4 beers of the world presentation.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 29, 2002
This is a medium-bodied beer with a pleasing, yellow color. This beer is zesty and crisp, is 4.6% alcohol by volume, and is reputedly brewed with all natural ingredients: water, barley, hops and yeast. You can buy this beer in Germany because it meets beer purity laws. (Hmmm... incidentally, the beer industry in Mexico was started by German expatriates. I guess the same thing can be said about America as well.) This beer is very popular in California, especially here in Los Angeles where most people drink it with a wedge of lime squeezed into the neck of the bottle. This beer is brewed by Cerveceria Grupo Modelo in Mexico; this brewery is also known for its Modelo and Pacifico brand beers, which do not have the cult, mass-market appeal that Corona has. Corona is the #1 import beer in America.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
strictlydomed (34) - Vancouver, Washington, USA - MAR 29, 2002
Not my personal favorite, without a lime or something, I really can’t stand it, but when I drank it; it was free so who can really complain.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
satansspawn99 (24) - USA - MAR 29, 2002
my personal favorite, love it with lime, can get skunky quick though

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
twocycle99 (61) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - MAR 26, 2002
With or without a lime a superior beer

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Z28Jersey99 (13) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 25, 2002
I like it, its not the best beer, but hey, put a lime in it, kick back by poor with one and relax

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - MAR 25, 2002
Wattered-down yuppie brew. It’s overpriced and doesn’t taste that great. The lime is used so that it doesn’t taste bad. I can handle it, but it reminds me of Miller High Life. This isn’t one of my favorites. I don’t really understand the appeal of this one, but like any beer, it’s an aquired taste. A friend gave me a 12 pack once for some work that I did for him, and it was good for a nice buzz. Drank them all in an evening.