overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3588   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.69/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
cornhusker01 (76) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - APR 1, 2003
I probably should have tried it without the lime first so my evaluation wouldn't be skewed, but that can wait for next time. This is what I call a bi-polar beer, a person will either like it or hate it. I liked it. It was light, not bitter, and had more flavor than most mainstream American beers I've had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BadGasAssMan (9) - USA - MAR 31, 2003 does not count
People who dislike this beer are being far to subjective. In warm climates, enjoy this one with a slice of lime, and you will not be dissatisfied.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
YnotABeer (96) - Missouri, USA - MAR 29, 2003
bah, a clear bottle with a piss like liquid. no hops, or anything else expected in a beer; barely any flavor at all other than skunk and lime. It's sad that I'm a sucker for the specials...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
jjw2000 (72) - USA - MAR 28, 2003
This beer is utter garbage...possibly the last beer I would ever choose to drink, considering the relatively high price. While the taste is not quite offensive, it is also not pleasant. With a lime and while in the sun, it is tolerable, although I would usually rather drink water.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
JasonG (776) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - MAR 24, 2003
Ah, what can I say? Everyone's tried this once before. I think that there are worse beers out there, but I won't order one for myself unless I'm desperate (and this is rarely the case).

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 22, 2003
almost as good as piss...with a lime. Far too watery, wouldn't even drink if I was paid to.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
WISEGUY572 (1377) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 18, 2003
Sweet, simple, floral taste. Little hop, little malt. Just not much of a beer. Better with a lime. Adequate with Tex Mex.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Shag (2805) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 14, 2003
A beer overrated by the general public. Kind of a beer than needs a lime and salt at the local tex-mex rest. Otherwise its nothing impressive. Blah

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
srwalker155210 (108) - Port Orange, Florida, USA - MAR 14, 2003
I'm not sure what the fuss is with this stuff. Sure it's drinkable, sure it's better than alot of beers, but there are so many better choices on the market. And what's the go with drinking it with a slice of lemon? Beer's beer - it's not a bloody cocktail!

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
mutant (854) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - MAR 14, 2003
Promised myself I wouldn't mention anything about Mexican workers standing around in the sun, drinking water and pissing into a vat labelled corona, so I won't. But it is a disturbing colour. Has no smell or bitterness, flavour of corn and is disgusting. Only had it because it was the only one of a pub's mediocre selection that I hadn't drunk previously.