overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3622   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
TehBeerMonsta (25) - USA - MAY 5, 2003
WTF is this add a lime crap?..... I could add some chocalate cake to some old english 800 and make it taste good. But my OE 800 rating was done without the cake. No, Corona has been stripped of the lemon and/or lime and must face the music alone. This beer sucks, right from the time you twist off the cap and get a whiff of the skanky dishwater aroma. This crap comes packaged with a very unpleasant aftertaste,(this must be where the lime comes in.) I last had this at a mexican restaraunt, where the waitress asked if I would like another, I said no, I will have a Bud light instead. Think about that.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
hotstuff (4870) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 4, 2003
This beer poured a medium sized head and it had good lacing. It had a smooth taste. It tasted a little bit bitter, but not overwhelming. It did not have an aftertaste to me. This beer had some carbonation. There was nothing outstanding about this beer as it did not have much character to it. I am glad I have this rating out of the way!

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - APR 30, 2003
Has to be a drain pour for me. Weak head, very skunky aroma and one sip was enough. Didn't have a lime available, but I don't think it would have made any difference. No problem though, because my daughters fiance claims that Corona is pretty good, so I gave him the other five. What the heck, that's what friends are for!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 30, 2003
It's okay if you drink it with a lime. It's very weak, but it's much better than the Corona light.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerDude78 (91) - Brick NJ, New Jersey, USA - APR 29, 2003
Even though this beer sucks pallete and taste wise. I think it tastes great with lime in it, without it sucks. An overall good beer on a hot summer day.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
haukur (1742) - Reykjavik, ICELAND - APR 29, 2003
just typical piss water.. I could drink this if I was stranded on a desert island and I had nothing else.. but I wouldnt enjoy it. CRAP!!

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
ericnixon (743) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 20, 2003
Some people i know like Corona a lot, so i thought, hey, why not. I didn't realize that it had no taste. i would have given it all 1's but the timy lime wedge brought the score up. Maybe i should have used a bigger lime. A much bigger lime.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2003
This rating was given with a lime, because without one, it's be all 1s. If you have to add something to a beer, it's probably not that good.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
PushEject (42) - Palmdale, California, USA - APR 13, 2003
No head to speak of on this beer. Lots of pretty little bubbles rising from the bottom of the glass. Subtle aroma of alchohol and hops. Slightly phenolic. Effervescent on the tongue. Light bodied with mild flavors. Hoppy start with a malt body and a dry finish. Residual lager-esque aftertaste that I found unpleasant.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
clvand0 (350) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - APR 13, 2003
Corona is a decent beer if you can get a lime to add to it. It's not extremely enjoyable, but it's something good to drink at a Jimmy Buffett concert.