Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3630   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
srwalker155210 (108) - Port Orange, Florida, USA - MAR 14, 2003
I'm not sure what the fuss is with this stuff. Sure it's drinkable, sure it's better than alot of beers, but there are so many better choices on the market. And what's the go with drinking it with a slice of lemon? Beer's beer - it's not a bloody cocktail!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
mutant (854) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - MAR 14, 2003
Promised myself I wouldn't mention anything about Mexican workers standing around in the sun, drinking water and pissing into a vat labelled corona, so I won't. But it is a disturbing colour. Has no smell or bitterness, flavour of corn and is disgusting. Only had it because it was the only one of a pub's mediocre selection that I hadn't drunk previously.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 12, 2003
I never buy this beer, but people always get when it's hot and sunny out because of Corona's ad campaign. So I end up drinking it. I have nothing to say that others haven't already said.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
dI5tIL (15) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 11, 2003
Every summer I dig one out of a bucket of ice and carefully slice a lime and wedge it in the bottle. Every year I never finish that beer. Peer pressure, will I ever learn? I think the lime is added to block the smell coming out of the bottle and assaulting your nose. Basic aroma of back end of skunk dunked in piss. This beer is disgusting and simultaneously amazing. Why is it so incredibly popular? Gives good mexican beers a bad wrap. You can drink it without dying.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Shenzer (48) - Ontario, CANADA - MAR 6, 2003
just like many other mexican beers. this one represents how good piss would look like in a bottle, and why would u need to add a wedge of lemon to beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
pwyman (71) - Hubert, North Carolina, USA - MAR 5, 2003
I'm glad they stuffed the lime in the bottle. It's what gave it a drinkable flavor. Slightly skunky aroma but not enough to turn you away on a hot day.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
TheBeerGod (6029) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - MAR 3, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2003 Pours a golden amber right out of the bottle with an almost white head. The aroma is slightly skunky and bitter. The taste is very similar to standard American beers but with a little more quench to it. Slight malt and citrus taste along with the hops/skunkiness. Goes well with a wedge of lime. Most Mexican beers like this do. Only drink very cold. Warm tastes like piss. Deadly.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
RobBestwick (845) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 27, 2003
Pretty standard lager, bottled, golden hue, quite hoppy but not that much taste, by no means offensive and by no means great

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
GearHead (32) - Woodridge, Illinois, USA - FEB 26, 2003
Has a very light appearance. Little to no head even when poured in an improper fashion. Aroma of all you classic filtered macrobeers.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2003
I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather drink Bud. This fails dramatically to quench even the feeble "fire" of Taco Bell Mild Sauce, and by itself fails to taste like anything except the fleeting idea of adjuncts (yes, the idea!) unless you put the lime in, which is a silly thing to have to do. None of the Mexicans I know like this; they prefer Tecate, or Negra Modelo.