overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 3391   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.69   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Corona Extra is the number-one selling beer in Mexico and the leading export brand from Mexico. This pilsener type beer was first brewed in 1925 by Cervecería Modelo, located in Mexico City.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
thefatguy (34) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - APR 27, 2002
Very good beer from Mexico. Excellent, especially with a lime. Nice bottle, I always like the painted label. Featured in The Fast and the Furious. I have never found it skunky. Very popular around here. Always offered in my house.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
krisfleet (130) - Sharon, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 26, 2002
Why don’t more beers come with lemon? Without lemon this beer would be nothing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
hankfrank99 (13) - USA - APR 21, 2002
might be bland otherwise, but add a slice of lime and you have a drinkable tasty beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ampp (155) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - APR 21, 2002
similar to many mass produced american standards, but a little stronger lemon taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - APR 20, 2002
I had it with a lime and when I was drunk, but it seemed prety smooth and although I usualy dont like fruit in my beer, I rather enjoyed the citrusy twist it gave the beer.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
olympian (107) - USA - APR 19, 2002
If you have ever tasted the current beer sold as ’Miller HIgh Life’, you have tasted Corona. I cannot tell the two apart. I’ve had tastier, better bodied well water. I rated it even lower than I rated Miller High Life, because for the price and hype, you are expecting better. I’ve decided that there are two basic groups of Mexican beer affecionados: The Cornoa/Carta Blanca group, and the DosEquis/Negra Modela group. When Mexican beer is the order of the day, you’ll always find me in the latter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Fandu99 (8) - Manitoba, CANADA - APR 18, 2002 does not count
Add a touch of lime juice, and it’s a great beer. I like it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Phrozt99 (12) - USA - APR 18, 2002
Corona Extra is definatelly an acquired taste. It is strong, but in a good way. It does NOT go well w/cigarettes, however.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
SJP (483) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 18, 2002
Not that bad, and just the thing on a hot day. But a beer that needs a lime in it to truly be drinkable is a little silly I think.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
JFGrind (1893) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 18, 2002
I stick my thumb over opening and turn the bottle upside down to make sure I get the lime juice throughout this light beer.