overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 979   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.35/5   EST. CALORIES: 111   ABV: 3.7%
Corona Light has approximately 30% less calories than Corona Extra with the same refreshing taste, and is also brewed with the highest quality ingredients.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Silphium (3191) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - OCT 13, 2003
It's been awhile since I consumed garbage like this and Michelob Ultra on consecutive days. Upon opening the bottle, a white-striped, black-furred animal with a long bushy tail jumped from the bottle, ran into the road, and was promptly killed by a speeding car. That describes the aroma. The flavor was likewise reminiscent of that peculiar, noxious mammal. Why anybody would drink this as a staple is beyond me.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Suttree (6007) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - SEP 23, 2003
Post party 'fridge find. Y'know, we all know that putting a lime in a Corona is the mark of a dilletant (sp), but I think I may have been looking at this the wrong way. The fact is, a single lime wedge just isn't enough. What I have found is that it takes about half a lime to mask the awful smell and flavor, and has the bonus of giving it some color. So the next time you are at DUIFridays and your waitress, Misty, asks you if you'd like a lime wedge to go with your Corona Light, look her straight in the eye and say "No Ma'am! bring me half a lime, and a juicer!" You can thank me later.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 19, 2003
pale pale pale, no head to be found. smells like a wet skunk and doesn't taste much better. corona is pretty light already, I just don't see the need for this. absolutely awful.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - SEP 10, 2003
Clear golden body with a thin, fizzy, white head that completely dissappears from the top of the beer. Skunky aroma at first, but then some mild, sweet hints of corn and malts arise. Light body with lots of carbonation. Crisp mouthfeel. The flavor up front is just a tad sweet. The finish is crisp and clean with ansolutely no flavors. Wow, tastes almost exactly like soda water except for the very light, initial sweetness. This is the beer for those who do not want to taste what they drink.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Andrew196 (1351) - Katy, Texas, USA - SEP 7, 2003
I want to analyze the commercial desription of Corona Light before I get to my rating: >>Corona Light has approximately 30% less calories than Corona Extra<< ...I was naturally very excited when I found this out. I mean, my regular regimen of Corona Extra sure has been putting the pounds on me. >> with the same refreshing taste (of Corona Extra)<< ...same refreshing taste??? Im guessing the marketing department down there incorrectly used a thesaurus--seriously guys, I don't think that "refreshing" is a synonym for "ball sweat". >> and is also brewed with the highest quality ingredients.<< ...Im sure the first ingredient on the list for this beer is Mexico's highest quality tap water. Anyways, let me wait no longer and indulge in this beer, for my heart is pounding with anticipation! Poured pee yellow, almost no head. Oh, and good work with the clear bottles guys...this beer was dealt a bad hand from the start, have some mercy on it. The aroma was very offensive, strong skunk smell with notes of B.O. and Mexico, surprise. Now for the taste. I had to hold my breath as my lips touched the glass and my nose got ever closer to this foul beast. Taste was.....well.....NOT BAD! and when i say "NOT BAD", I mean that it was about as appetizing as a bloody ejaculation. Here is a list of things I would rather have than another Corona Light: Cave Creek Chili Beer (at least I got a rubber chili pepper to play with once I poured it down the sink), The Big 'n Tastey from McDonalds, SARS. Im done

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
stemba (16) - South Carolina, USA - SEP 5, 2003
Very light yellow color and no head to speak of. Flavor is weak, but not much weaker than Corona Extra. Not as consistant an Extra either, as it has the occasional coppery hint to it (as if it were a can, but its not a can, see?!) Another 'Monty Python' beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Oakes (15256) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 4, 2003
Pale yellow. No head. Hardly any visible carbonation. Aroma of light malt, light DMS, slight woody notes. Spritzy, watery, slightly grainy. That’s not bitterness, is it? Damn. Of course, that’s when you’re analyzing the beer. If you swig it, it’s awful. So if you’re forced to drink this (because you’re in a tropical climate where the water is unsafe, but you have to drive), analyze it. It’s the only way this thing is drinkable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - SEP 4, 2003
better than the original still not a great beer, at least I can choke down this stuff.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
thehoff (596) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 4, 2003
The thought of having a Corona that is lighter than the original is almost absurd. But the Corona Light really has more flavor than Corona Extra. Although the lime is still needed this beer does have a slightly bitter taste, although metallic, without the lime.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
radiomgb (2686) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 29, 2003
Gold in colour. No aroma aside from this slight skunkiness. No flavour either, wasn't expecting any anyway. Not sure that a lighter corona is even necessary. Overall, just like water.