overall

RATINGS: 802   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Brewed with 8 different hops and dry hopped with whole cone Cascades. Its more powerful than our Islander IPA and even the most intelligent have become "idiot" after a few pints of this super hopped up beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
chriso (7482) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - OCT 21, 2009
Bottle @ pre-GBBF shindig, August 2009. Typical big, brash, bold, boozy West Coast IPA. Packed with fat resinous, piney hops throughout. The malt backing is, as is often the case, sweet and a bit sticky. I can blow hot and cold with this type of beer. sometimes I find them a bit too much. On this occasion, after a run of mediocre canned lagers, it was just what I wanted. How did I guess that SilkTork would have the lowest rating for this beer!? The plant is doing fine though.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
harrisoni (14996) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - OCT 4, 2009
UPDATED: OCT 23, 2009 Bottle at Chriso pre-GBBF tasting 09. Arh yes, the Idiot Patrik Ale. Gold/amber with thin white head. American hop aroma. Pretty decent hop on mouth, esp on the end. Lovely hops all over, decent malts. Really good lovely hops. Went in search for more. 4.1 Re-rate. I did in fact went in search for more and found it at Utobeer for £9.80. But so worth it. Scum of dry hop around the lip of the bottle when I opened it. Unattractive hazy copper. Lasting thin beige. I love the big sweet piney resiny hop aroma. Chris thinks the malts are a bit sweet and I guess they are to an extent but that could just be the alcohol coming through too. Yes a bit boozy, but happy to ignore this fact for the symphony of resiny super hops. I’m an idiot for liking something so big. I don’t think unbalanced though. I mean it’s no Nanny State. In terms of big double IPAs, I love it. Maybe not quite as good as Hercules or Double Simcoe, but I do like it very much. Burping hops as you drink it is lovely.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
swoopjones (6864) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 28, 2009
GABF 2009, Real good IIPA, Aroma was lacking the hop presence that the flavor was full of. Big hop flavor & bitterness, malts balance everything nicely. Real nice beer

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
MinetoKuroda (12) - Nihombashi Chuo-ku, JAPAN - SEP 20, 2009
On tap. It has quite beautiful and charming texture. Beautifully mariaged Juicy and grassy hop shake my brain. I can see brewers’ soul the stracture stands from beginning to end. Smooth mouthfeel. Aftertaste my tongue is clean more than I think.Well drinkable. I want refill if I don’t have work tomorrow.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
petematte46 (330) - Dallas, Texas, USA - SEP 1, 2009
On tap at the brewery. This yellow ale poured with a thin off-white head. The flavor is slightly sweet at the start, with a sharp hoppy bite at the finish. Very refreshing and hoppy.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 1, 2009
This was one of the many bottles I brought back from my trip to sunny San Diego. This bottle has a really cool label with a mermaid holding a beer and the Hotel Coronado in the background. The beer is golden orange with a creamy sticky looking white head. The first smell brings pine, oranges, more citrus and puts a smile on my face. Whoa, the taste is funky and diverges from the aroma sharply, more vegetal hop flavors. There is something a little too green/herbal about this one. It is definitely apparent they used a lot of hops but this is almost like putting a hop in my mouth and chewing. Drinkability is just ok which is a letdown. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 10-09-2007 21:04:00

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
rabidbarfly (62) - London, Surrey, ENGLAND - AUG 23, 2009
Beautiful hoppy nose, lovely overrtly bitter taste that doesn’t really hang about on the palate.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
RichardGretton (4406) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - AUG 21, 2009
Bottle. Syrupy looking bronze beer with a strong head. The aroma is well hopped, and the flavour is massively hopped and bitter at the finish. Overall a nice IPA, but too strongly hopped.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
wyzzywyz22 (2094) - Wirral, Merseyside, ENGLAND - AUG 20, 2009
Bottle, Beer Ritz, Leeds. Ooweeee!! Belter alert!! Poured a hazy amber colour with some floater action swirlin and twirlin in there and a decent looking off white head. Aroma jam packed full of resinous hop and tropical fruit....as indeed was the flavour. Some sweetness evident, but all in proportion, and this just clicks supremely.Just a hugely enjoyable drink that I could gladly drain all day.

cgarvieuk (17016) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - AUG 19, 2009
UPDATED: SEP 22, 2009 Bottle at Cropredy ... thanks to Fin ... Dark amber ... sweet american pale ale hop nose ... sweet big powerful pine hop ... juicy and fruity ... lots of pine... lots of hop rsins ... lots of sweetened grapefruit...

TK1 Bottle at Chris-o’s Pre GBBF tasting and 2009 ... amber ... bright hop ... little salty hop nose ... sweet light malt ... big hop ... lots of pine ... very juicy.3.8...

Bottle at GBBF 2009 ... Golden amber ... big bright sweet hop nose ... big fruity sweet hop. 3.7