overall
Brewed at Brasserie Du Bocq

Style: Abbey Tripel
Turnhout, Belgium

RATINGS: 1227   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
It has a very big head indeed - pour it gently - and a very clean palate, beginning with a dry, lightly citric fruitiness, and finishing with a distinctive and delicate, perfumy, hop character. Very light and fluffy in texture, giving little hint of its strength.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
WISEGUY572 (1372) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 31, 2003
First of the three Belgians I had at Bruxelles in New York and the best of the three. Cloudy golden pour with a huge head. Taste of malt, yeast and bread, fruit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bierkoning (9999) - La Tropica, NETHERLANDS - MAR 23, 2003
Cloudy. Citric aroma with honey. Sweetish, hoppy, yeasty, slight ly citric flavor. Milky and creamy. Short, slightly hopbitter, citric finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
thedm (4920) - Fort Wayne, USA - MAR 18, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2003 Nice lively pour with a good white head filled with medium to large bubbles. It has that light yellow/orange color with yeast floating in it as is typical of the Abbey Pale Ales I have tried. The head died out and left no lacing before I could even take my first sip. It's aroma mild and fruity. The initial taste was a mild and fruity with a strong carbonation on the tip of my tongue. On subsequent tastes I began to feel the carbonation filling up in my stomach. A nice brew, but the Chimays are better. GF said it was nice and gave it a rating of 3.65, better than the coffee brews LOL!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hildigöltur (5104) - København, DENMARK - MAR 18, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 1, 2004 Nice dark golden colour with good head. This is a fresh beer. Hoppy and fruity. Some yeasty notes but not overwhelming. I prefer the Pater though.
Aged for 15 years: Darker coloured than the fresh. Very sweet and round. Honeyish notes. Very well balanced and pleasant.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mickblueeyes (106) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 5, 2003
This hazy straw gold beer has a rich white head with great lacing. The aroma is light with citrusy hops, toasted malt and a hint of copper. The palate softens and hints of creamy toasted malts, light fruits and subtle herbaceous hops leading to the malty finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
clvand0 (350) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - MAR 4, 2003
This beer pours a cloudy orange and has a decent head with slightly more than average lace. The aroma was that of wheat (in my opinion). As far as taste, it was the most wheaty and yeasty beer I've ever tasted. I did not like the taste because I'm not a fan of wheat beers, but if this is your thing, then it may be for you.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 25, 2003
I just did not know what to make of this beer, i had consumed too many european light lagers when i had this one, it surprised my olfactory senses and taste buds. lots of esters in the aroma with a malty backbone. the golden body held a lovely white head that did not want to dissipate. the flavor was very yeasty and spicy at first. the finish was lightly bitter with decent balance. I had no idea that this beer was 7.5% while i was tasting it, in fact i didnt know that until just now and i am very surprised.

EgonB (19) - Halmstad, SWEDEN - FEB 25, 2003
This is, in my opinion as good as a Trappist, full of aromas, fruit and damp cellars aso. Full body and a cloudy appearence, and a distinct bitterness lurking behind all the fruity flavors

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jonas (5592) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - FEB 22, 2003
Flowery belgian ale aroma. Beautiful golden and big head. Fullbodied and fruity. A bit vineous and yeasty. Leaves with the sense of a job well done.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kumite56 (469) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - FEB 14, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 18, 2003 Huge white head. Mod lacing and good mouthfeel. Light and citrusy with lots of yeasty taste. I must admit that at first I was put off by the fizziness. This beer grew on me as it warmed and mellowed. I will repurchase.