Corsendonk Rousse

overall

RATINGS: 141   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An amber beer aimed for the Italian market.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
mutz (641) - NETHERLANDS - DEC 21, 2014
Amberkleurig, veel plakkerig schuim. Ruikt niet heel erg sterk, wat zoetigs, kan ee geen label aanhangen.Smaakt redelijk zoet., vaag mout, snoepjes. Nietszeggend eigenlijk.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Iznogud (888) - CROATIA - DEC 11, 2014
Bottle 330 ml at Pivkan, Zagreb. Pours amber with white head. Fruity and spicy aroma. Very sweet, fruity, caramel, spice. Seemed bit artificial.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
markextrae (1322) - NETHERLANDS - DEC 6, 2014
small sample from draft, poured a clear amber colour with a white head. sweet caramel, raisins, to sweet fruits, belgian yeast, chemical sweetness. way to sweet for my taste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jablanko (9) - - NOV 28, 2014 does not count
The logo, and the fact that I never drank this beer drew me in. I can’t go wrong with this, right? Wrong! :D Dark orange body. Really promising aroma, I have to give them that. I tried Gulden Draak that day and made a small connection on that front. However, it all went downhill once I tasted the brew. The sweetness is insane. I can sense something trying to come through it all, but it can’t, and I’m not that adept at tasting beer so I can taste it, probably fruits. The aftertaste has a pleasant, smoky/campfirish ring to it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
TheFoamhead (81) - NETHERLANDS - NOV 12, 2014
This brew could be as nice a an ice wine, sweet and full of aromas an testes. But it isn’t…. The aroma still gives you the hope that there’s something special flowing through your throat, but the rest is just sweetness. I think now I know, what this beer reminds me of: Turkish sweets... And now I know what the whole thging reminds me of: figues! To me, this one is a NO. Slightly too good to pour, but that’s it...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Csouye (46) - OLNE, BELGIUM - SEP 19, 2014
In the style of commercial Doppio Malto from Italy : sweet, poor foam, no hops...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Icedwarf (430) - Etten-Leur, NETHERLANDS - SEP 13, 2014
Lichtbruin helder bier met schuim. Smaak is zoet en krachtig met sporen van rozijnen en caramel. Zoet bier maar wel erg lekker als je daar van houd. Blijft helaas niet erg lang hangen.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kermis (5746) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - AUG 23, 2014
Bottle at Fiddler. Pours clear orange brown with a thick off white head. Aroma of Belgian yeast, caramel, fruits and toffee. Flavour is moderate to heavy sweet and moderate bitter. Medium bodied with over moderate carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DwarfeD (1156) - Amersfoort, NETHERLANDS - AUG 21, 2014
33cl bottle at home. Reddish amber brown with a medium white soapy head. Medium body with moderate carbonation. Sweet with some bitter tones. Red fruits, herbs, caramel, yeast and sugar. For a fruity brew its quite nice, for a Belgian strong ale not so much :)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
reynaldg (36) - FRANCE - AUG 17, 2014
Surpris de son existence même, jamais rencontrée en belgique, le fait qu'elle soit destinée au marché italiens semble crédible, je l'ai trouvé dans le sud de la France. Couleur ambrée / rousse, c'est une bière douce et aux arômes de fruit et miel. Trop sucrée à mon goût je la trouve néanmoins plutôt agréable. --- Dirty Google traduction Surprised by its existence, never met in Belgium, the fact that it is intended for the Italian market seems credible, I have found in the south of France. Color amber / red, it is a sweet beer with aromas of fruit and honey. Too sweet for my taste, however I find it quite enjoyable.