Craftsman 1903 Lager
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 56   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This is a pre-prohibition style lager with a heavy corn element.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
johnyvt (158) - West Hollywood, California, USA - FEB 26, 2005
On Tap. Sweet and smooth taste, but nothing very special. Tastes like sweet corn, though itís nowhere near as watery as most pale lagers. Itís kind of a boring style, but this seems to do its best with its ingredients. Little bit of bitterness in the finish, but itís mostly sweet corn in the taste of this one...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mcbeyond (104) - Newport Beach, California, USA - DEC 24, 2009
I love the aroma and flavor of this lager. Sweet yet dignified on the palate. A great quaffer. But for some reason, it makes the roof of my mouth itch. Yeah, Iím kind of allergic to it. Doesnít stop me from ordering a pour every so often though. A regular at my local pub and for good reason.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ELDERPURPLE (11) - USA - NOV 20, 2006
I hated the corn aftertaste. I donít like corn, so that is probably why. But the sensation is very strong. The beer looks quality though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ipaapi (7) - Oregon, USA - JUN 12, 2012 does not count
I finally got to try this local lager and it was exactly what I thought it would be - a lager. Iím in no rush for another, but my dad loved his. Iím a big fan of Craftsmanís other beers, this one just isnít getting me excited.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
kittiesandbeer (4) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAY 11, 2007 does not count
nice golden color with a frothy head,aroma is toasty.the taste is dry and corny with a bit of a buttery taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
lkonarek (1) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 22, 2013 does not count
Craftsman lager is a fantastic beer with a crisp taste and a fantastic finish. If you enjoy this beer, try out the craftsman poppy fields. Another great beer