Crooked Fence Pin-Up Raspberry Blonde

Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.81   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Raspberry Blonde Ale- Summer Seasonal

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JohnGalt1 (458) - , Idaho, USA - JUN 5, 2013
I added this as rotating because I figure CF will continue to make this one when they can. Picked this one up tonight at Brewforia Meridian for a super pricey $6.50ish... Should have no problem finding it ALOT cheaper around town or at the brewery. Poured into my HotD goblet a hazy dark golden brew produces a short-lived white head... I swear the brew has a pinkish hue, but that could be me projecting "berries" into the appearance. The nose is an obvious blonde with bigger pale malts and sorta a grainy aftermath.. berries are there and are thankfully accentuated by the residual maltiness.. but they are pretty light. The palate is right in line with the aroma.. pale/grainy/sorta husky malts with a background berry essence.. For the style, the body is a more medium than light.. carbonation is a bit light, but no big deal. Overall, a decent raspberry blonde... there are a bunch of these (fruity blondes) out there, but I think CF did a good job. That said, I will NEVER BUY this again for more than $4.25/22oz... and even that is pushing it. EDIT: I still am not sure that they used real fruit... I hope so.. but there is something that I cant put my finger on that seems a bit off... The fruitiness is a little perfumy and perhaps extract.