Crossroads First Pitch Pils

RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 3.88/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31   ABV: -

UDBeernut's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
UDBeernut (1611) - Moving to Jax, Florida, USA - FEB 26, 2012
On tap poured into a cheater pint A: light straw color, good 1/2" head with good retention gobs of carbonation, lacing rings the glass S: flowery, light sweetness T: slight crackery sweetness, flowery hops. Not a bitter as a lot of pilsners I have had. Very refreshing on a warm humid day M: light bodied, easy drinking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ben4321 (3790) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - MAY 9, 2014
Location: Sampled at TapNY, 4/26/14

Aroma: The nose is clean, mild hops, some grainy and cracker malts
Appearance: It pours a clear golden color with a white head
Flavor: The flavor is much the same, light and clean, with grainy malts and clean hops
Palate: The body is light, it drinks solidly-to-nicely, and has a clean, crisp finish
Overall Impression: I thought this was a pretty solid example of the style. Nothing was particularly memorable, but I’d drink it again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Glouglouburp (5944) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 16, 2013
In short: A perfectly crafted pils, excellence in simplicity, wonderful.
How: Tap at brewpub.
The look: Clear body topped by a small white head leaving lots of lacings on the glass.
In long: Nose is bursting with noble hops, bright, nostril stimulating, lovely. Body is full of crisp crackery pils malts, a low sweetness but still succulent malt backbone here. Dry grassy and herbal hops that feel as fresh and succulent as the cereals This is a true by-the-book pilsner, nothing crazy or original to report here flavour-wise. However everything work to perfection and the freshness sensation is maxed out. Extremely drinkable (that goes without saying), a superb session beer. About one hour later at the hotel I drank a fresh Prima Pils and the Prima Pils just didn’t measure up to this First Pitch, and I usually love the Prima Pils. Obama and others before him are asked every year to throw the first pitch, but if I was President I would be asked every day not to throw a fit if I cannot drink the First Pitch, just another reason why my presidency would be a true vote for change.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
coldbrewky (1418) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - AUG 29, 2011
UPDATED: JUN 22, 2014 2014: This may be the beer that i look forward to the most each year. I even forgive my good friend Hutch for being a Yankee fan. Yet, the clear pilsener lover in me anticipates the release of this sturdy groovy brew. So Hutch, if I win the megamillions, one thing I will do is purchase you another fermenter so that youse can put this up more often during the baseball season...baseball been very very good to me! ..... Ah notes from the Dutch... Draft lively and lightly hazy. Thinner dissipating head. Grassy body with hefty but not outrageous volumes of hop. Undulating body to yeasty finish. Nice. Nose of hay and straw.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jmulv (336) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 7, 2011
Had at Tap NY. Taste is appropriately bitter, with a nice touch of hops. Finishes very crisp and clean, goes down smooth and easy. This one was the big winner for me at Tap NY.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
j12601 (6584) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - MAY 6, 2011
Pouring at TAP NY. Pours a clear yellow gold with a thin white head. Sweet grain, light hops. Very crisp, grain and crackers, crisp and easy drinking. Very bright grain. Easy, nice and clean with a nice crackery bitterness on the finish.